2005 Ford Excursion Diesel - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Excursion model:
Great Vehicle
By Tim on 06/10/05 08:03 AM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Has a lot of power; will last a long time. resale good.

A true Utility Vehicle
By Derek Roth on 05/25/05 23:17 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

This is the first vehicle that I've LOVED! It looks as nice today as when I bought it. It's the ONLY vehicle that suits our families needs. With 3 kids and a dog, there is room for the dog's crate, suitcases and we're NOT all sitting on top of one another. There are times when it's still not large enough. With the diesel I get 21.5 MPG at 60MPH! In addition, we also pull an 8000 lb. camper. The ride is incredibly smooth pulling the camper at 75 mph through Nevada on the way to California. It also starts with no problems in Minnesota's winters! My two teenagers AND my wife prefer to drive the Excursion over the Sable wagon, and have no problems with maneuverability.

Excursion Conversion
By Cary on 05/12/05 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

We have had Suburbans and prefer the ride of the Excursion. We ordered our Excursion after my husband purchased his F-350 4 door. Both vehicles are diesel which you cannot get with the Suburbans. The mileage is as good, if not better than our previous vehicles.

Gimme another X!
By liverdonor on 05/02/05 13:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Had a 2001 Ltd diesel and traded for new '05. Man, what a difference. I liked the '01, but the improvements made to the vehicle are _very_ apparent. Handling is better, power is simply amazing - tow a 5000lb trailer like it isn't there when crossing Stevens Pass. The shift quality with the new 5-speed is better - tighter shifts and the tow-mode means no burning your brakes on long downhills. And of course, as before, I can carry my entire extended family (many of whom do not drive) all over the place, and watch while the engine (under load) gets better fuel economy than my Chrysler 300M. This is a brilliant car for its purpose - Diesel Forever!

Excursion pulls camper like a breeze
By Glenn on 04/08/05 16:03 PM (PDT)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have the 4 wheel drive diesel Limited Excursion. It pulls my 35' travel trailer with no problems at all. The gas mileage with the diesel engine is about 15-17 city and 17-21 highway. I actually get better mileage than I did with the gas Chevy Suburban I traded in on it.

Excursion
By eugene on 03/31/05 19:16 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Overall super satisfied. We have the 6.0 diesel which makes this large vehicle not only comfortable but efficient. Getting 18.5 average which is better than our minivan or either of our Jeeps. we use it to tow a 30 foot travel trailer which it does with ease. Went from Maryland to Knoxville Tenn. on one tank with trailer in tow at traffic speeds. Much better than my old 460 Ford - three times as much fuel to go same place.

Very disappointed
By Cheryl on 03/24/05 15:46 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I've been through two of them. One returned for the lemon law and now I'm on the second one. I've had it 10 months and the transmission went out. I'm very upset about this.

Please, don't stop making the Excursion!
By Billy Speer on 03/22/05 16:56 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I purchased a 2001 Ford Excusion for our ministry pulling a trailer and averaged 40,000 miles a year, This is the best heavy duty and enjoyable vehicle we have owned, I couldn't wait to trade up to the 2005 Excursion. It's one of the most dependable, hardworking, vehicles we've ever used. Please, don't stop making the Ford Excursion! I'm a big person and it fits me just right. It has all the options a person could want, and the speaker system is fabulous. If you want to haul anything, this is the SUV you want, and we are getting better miles a gallon than before with more power! Wow! don't know what I do with it, thanks Ford!

Great Truck
By David on 03/14/05 20:16 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer 4WD 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Solid, very fast, great diesel mileage. Best vehicle I have ever owned. Great for family trips.

Excursion
By alles on 03/11/05 21:22 PM (PST)

2005 Ford Excursion Diesel Eddie Bauer Rwd 4dr SUV (6.0L 8cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

Overall an exceptional buy. Paid $6,000 under MSRP. Fuel economy in first 400 miles is 18 MPG combined city & highway. Ride, despite other's criticism, is much better than the pickup trucks I have owned in the past. Not quite as good as my Expedition but overall a good ride. Length of the vehicle is the same as a pickup truck with a long bed and regular cab. Fits in my garage with an Expedition just fine. It also gets 3 miles a gallon better mileage than my Expedition.