2013 Ford Escape Consumer Review: Great Compact SUV!

2013 Ford Escape - Consumer Review

2013 Ford Escape

Titanium 4dr SUV (2.0L 4-cyl. Turbo AWD 6-speed Automatic)

Great Compact SUV!
By ykolettis on

2013 Ford Escape Titanium 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Got this as a second car to spare my '11 M3 winter wear and tear in the Midwest.
Test drove the Santa Fe, RAV4, CR-V and CX-5 before settling on the Escape.
Have had the car for five months and still very much enjoy driving it daily.

I really like the exterior sheet-metal, though some may consider it equal parts "feminine" and "sporty." Extremely well appointed and comfortable interior. The front seats are super comfy and supportive and seem meant for long road trips. Seat heaters get HOT quickly (which is great with freezing outdoor temps). First car I've owned with remote start and I love it. Panoramic sunroof creates an openness to the cabin. Power liftgate actually practical and helpful when you have grocery bags in both hands. The premium Sony stereo sounds great.

Gas mileage!!!! It does barely better than my M3 in mixed city/hwy driving. 18mpg with a 250 mile range for a 2L four cyl?!? And I'm not particularly heavy footed on the gas or use the remote start often. By far the least appealing feature of the car. On the highway, I can squeeze 24mpg if I keep speed limit around 65... Include a heated steering wheel and heated rear seats in the winter package. Allow change or entry of data into the NAV system while car is in motion. My older Lexus used to lock out in the same way. BMW doesn't. It isn't like the infotainment center doesn't distract us with a multitude of other options while we're driving... Add a few more cubby holes for storage.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review