2004 Ford Crown Victoria - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Crown Victoria model:
Police Interceptor
By automaniac9 on 02/28/14 12:54 PM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This car is great value for the money, especially used; that's if you find the perfect one. Now, this being a police version, it does ride a lot firmer than the standard car, but since the seats are so comfortable, it almost doesn't matter. Being a police spec car also means that it gets all the powertrain improvements over even the LX Sport. I was even lucky enough to get one with matching seats. The wheels on the car do rust quite easily; my car has 159000 miles and there is quite a bit of rust on each rim. The power delivery is very broad in this car, but I found that it loses power when getting close to the redline. It corners pretty flat, but it's easy to upset, especially in the rain.

Crown Vic LX Sport The Only One
By tcox on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This is my second Crown Vic, the first being a 2001 base model. The 2001 was a fine car but in 2003 Ford redesigned the front suspension and frame as well as the door panels. The result is the best car I have ever owned. The ride and drive are truly incredible. The frame has no annoying vibration even over chopy pavement. The LX SPORT has very large and comfortable seats with larger tires and a console. I bought mine for $24,990 and feel that it is one of the best new car values out there. The 2004 LX drives very nice also, you can order the handling package on it for just $640. Finely the base model is in my opinion the best new car value out there. With

Crown Vic
By James F R Hall on 05/03/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

It's one of the best car's I ever owned. I used to be an truck guy. But thought I would try an Crown Vic, since I had an 2003 Ranger, which my wife took over. The ride and power the car is will good. No race car but good. It may be the last new car I buy. But sure hope not.

I Love Mine
By bamaroy2 on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Always dependable and in style

Crown Vic
By Mr.P on 04/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

An awesome car! A total pleasure to drive.

Crown Victoria excellence
By F.Eckart on 04/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The crown vic is the best car on the road for the money. this is our second car and very likely we will acquire a third crown vic when the time for change arrives. Keep updating technology on the car. Make in better don't get rid of the model.

Police Car in Sheep's Clothing
By Green52 on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

Nice sporty full sized automobile. Love the center console with shifter and the responsive V8 engine. Steering is very responsive with the big 17" tires and wheels. Have noticed that the car begins to get light and floaty in the front end at around 100 MPH. 100 MPH happens with very little effort.

LX Sport-Worth a look
By gigfy60 on 04/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

If long distance driving is part of your normal commute to/from work,than look no further,this is the vehicle for you.Ford continues to fine tune a proven,yet dated platform and still make it a viable alternative when choosing your next car.Although the gas mileage isn't great, 20.7 MPG it is still better than some SUVs out there.Comfortable driving is what this auto is about.

Get outa my way
By OkieDokie on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

This big bomber is terrific. I do a lot of interstate highway driving and am plagued by the "left lane bandits". Well, no more. I come up behind other motorists and they immediately move over, perhaps thinking I might be a unmarked state trooper. I can slide on by...and get back to getting on down the road in comfort.

The Best
By hnk9452000 on 02/27/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Ford Crown Victoria LX Sport 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 4A)

The best part of the Ford Crown Victoria is the engine it has the perfomance of a mustang.