Used 2004 Dodge Sprinter 2500 High Roof 158 WB Van Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Sprinter Van - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Sprinter Van

View reviews for a specific Sprinter model:

Repairs needed over and over
By Bob Ferrari

2004 Dodge Sprinter Van 2500 High Roof 158 WB 3dr Ext Van (2.7L 5cyl Turbodiesel 5A)

I have a 2006 regular roof 2500, purchased new. It's a perfect size for us, drives well, good gas mileage in between repairs. It has something every month. The latest is the new engine needed at 118K! This vehicle has been consistently maintained by professionals. It is pure junk and I will never buy another. We have a 2002 GMC Savanna with over 200K that runs with far fewer issues than it. We really wanted to love this van. Repair problems with it have put others out of business. I also heard that UPS got rid of their entire fleet. We have a Nissan 2500 which has given no problems in 3 years but wish it was not so high because of trees.

25oo dodge sprinter
By splinter4

I bought a 2004 Dodge Sprinter new in 2006, had 500 miles on it.
This is the most un reliable vehicle I have ever owned, always something, front ac unit condenser, burned out 2 alternators, driveshaft carrier bearing, then the driveshaft, viabration in driveline somewhere, now the rear end or wheel bearing or ? sounds like I have mud grips on rear.
I have driven to 130K miles, I expected to get 250K but I cant stand this pos.
Costs a fortune to maintain.
I heard that UPS crushed their Sprinters at 120K miles because of maintenance and downtime.

I love the fact that nobody will work on it and that everything cost 2-3 times what a Ford or Chevy part would cost. Soured me on everything german..

Problems, problems, problems!
By Fitz454

Vehicle is continually in the shop and because there are very few Dodge dealerships that service it I have to drive it halfway across the state every time something goes wrong. I have had transmission leaks, transponder issues, turn signal issues, engine trouble lights, surface rust that they won't repair under warranty, AC pulley fell off, O2 sensor failures, etc. It has been so bad that they don't even list all the repairs on the sheet when I bring it in anymore. Fortunately I got the extended warranty but it's going to run out soon. I've read forums where people are having similar issues but every time I bring it to the dealership they say they never heard of these problems.

MPG, Comfort, Drivability (turning radius not handling).

Fix problems. Buyers beware.

turbodiesel motor
By donhodgson

So far, with 30K miles, the Mercedes
Sprinter has been very impressive.
Fuel economy is over 25 mpg with a
3500 version. 13.5K service intervals
for oil changes are a life saver, but
pricey due to full synthetic oil being
recommended. Only real annoyance is
excessive front tire wear due to the
factory alignment specs. Other than
that, this vehicle is economical,
surprisingly powerful.

turbodiesel engine

les hard plastic, steering wheel to skinny

fun fun fun
By jeffery550

this is an overall good car

turbodiesel motor