2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Ram Pickup 2500 model:
Best truck I ever owned
By MARK on 02/19/05 15:25 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I have owned trucks for over 30 years. I had all major brands. After putting 40K miles on this Ram truck I am very satisfied.I didn't have any mechanical problems yet.I only use synthetic motor oil,and follow the corporate maintenance program religiously. The only thing I did to the truck is put on a dual exaust and a permanent high flow air filter. I purchased my Ram with heavyduty everything. It is perfect and comfortable for long trips.Five people sit very confortable in my 4dr.truck. I love the ample power the Hemi motor has for hauling and towing large boats and trailers.

Jimbo's Hemi
By Jim on 01/19/05 06:58 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT Rwd SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Love the 5 speed manual. Also have limited slip differential and 4:11 rear end. Acceleration is awsome and the havy duty brakes work well. Ride is smooth and handling is like no other truck I have ever owned.

Dodge Power
By Army_Ranger on 01/04/05 15:46 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck rocks. I love this truck

RAM 2500 -- gulp!
By ram05fan on 12/22/04 12:06 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Overall, the fit, finish, and ride for the 2005 RAM 2500 with the HEMI is quite good. While the chassis is fairly stiff, the ride is reasonable. If you're expecting anything in terms of gas mileage, this isn't your truck. The HEMI works pretty hard at propelling the 6,000 lb truck down the road. If you're looking for a RAM 2500, spend the bucks and get the Cummins. The M5 tranny is for tow-mules only! Mileage is 11-12 in mixed hwy/cty driving mainly because 5th gear is way too high. 1st gear is a granny gear, effectively making this a 4 speed. Overall, it's a pretty decent truck but the Cummins drivetrain is a must. I'll probably sell my HEMI truck in a year.

What a Bargain! with the 5.9 Cummins
By gkato on 12/18/04 15:53 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Just traded in an 03 Avalanche 1500 for the 5.9 SLT 'Bighorn'. Compared the Silverado Duramax, and the Dodge is a steal! The Chevy rides softer, but the Dodge with the 'New 5.9 and tranny' out perform the Chevy (and thousands cheaper). I will tow a 10,000lb tow hauler in the spring, and will followup with a report on towing.

Yahoo!!
By Bernie on 12/07/04 08:11 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

Traded in a 03f-350cc after test driving the dodge, what a difference.This truck rides and handles so much better.The power of the cummins is unreal. The only complaint is with the ford you get a lot of extras you dont with the dodge. No locking tail gate,no back-up sensor,no running boards...These are not expensive items but handy once you get used to having them. Get with it dodge!!

Fairly Impressed
By Jacadon on 11/23/04 22:11 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I am the owner of a 2004 Dodge ram 2500 Heavy Duty w/ the Hemi 5.7 liter. The vehicle is very fast. The stearing is a bit touchy, very responsive. The design of the interior is fairly well laid out. My only dislikes is the pop out cup holder which bounces over bumps and has caused a couple coffe spills. Also, the radio controls are awkward in scanning through stations, no place to rest fingers on for support. I have a plow on truck and had to plow once so far, and truck seems like it handles it well. Overall, i am fairly happy with it. Mileage is about 12-13 city, 14-16 on the highway.

SWEEET!
By VipeRamSRT on 11/07/04 23:03 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

This truck is a man's truck!

traded my 1500 for the 2500 Big horn
By pelican on 11/05/04 20:00 PM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD LB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I recently traded my 2002 1500 quad cab for a 2005 2500 4WD Big Horn with the 5.9l cummings diesel. My 1500 was very reliable (60,000 miles + no problems), but the Big Horn has exceeded expectations. I was looking at the Ford 250 lariat diesel, but the big horn felt better. This is my first diesel and I am wondering what took so long.

Work and play
By flyfish1 on 11/05/04 07:52 AM (PST)

2005 Dodge Ram Pickup 2500 4dr Quad Cab SLT 4WD SB (5.7L 8cyl 6M)

I bought this truck brand new. It really grows on you. The ride is very smooth on the highway and handles much better than most would think. I am a fishing guide and tow a 5200lb boat over two hundred days a year. The Hemi does fantastic. I am also 6'2 and have so much room in it. The only down side I have seen so far is if you are like me the rear seat passengers may be a little cramped if they are large adults. I have towed the boat now for almost 2500k so far so good. I will update this at 15k. I would suggest that if you plan on towing anything heavier than 8000lbs go with the diesel.