2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 Consumer Review: Dodge is leading the pack now

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 - Consumer Review

ST Quad Cab (5.2L V8 4x4 5-speed Manual 6.4 ft. Bed)

Dodge is leading the pack now
By RamRocker on

2001 Dodge Ram Pickup 1500 4dr Quad Cab ST 4WD SB (5.2L 8cyl 5M)

For the first 15 years in this business I wouldn't even consider anything but a Chevy. But for the past few years GM keeps raising prices and dropping quality. So I bought a RAM on a whim. Excellent truck. The only problem I had was tranny blew at 15,000 miles. Dodge replaced it and now I have 62,000 miles with no problems at all. I added an aux trans cooler for insurance. But this new trans has almost 50,000 miles pulling loads from 1,000 - 5,000 lbs everyday. Many times in 4WD. This truck is everybit as dependable as any Chevy I ever had. But it cost a lot less.

Ground clearance...this baby sits up high. Exterior looks...Isn't it funny how Chevy and Ford are chasing their tails to catch up.

Gas mileage is a little weak but then it's a fullsize 4WD truck. If you buy one and use it like I do make sure you get a 3.90 or 4.10 differential. This 3.55 doesn't really do much justice to this truck.