Used 2004 Dodge Neon Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2004 Dodge Neon - Consumer Reviews

2004 Dodge Neon

View reviews for a specific Neon model:

Lasts forever
By 5speedmanual3

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Totaled my first 03 Sxt with 240,000 miles on it but I bet she could have gone way longer. Then bought an 04 R/T with 100,000 on it for a great price it now has 136000 and I love it, I don't babg this thing either its seen many track days and the shifts are still great love the car And I get about 30 mog city and almost 40 highway

Favorite Features

The manual trans.

Suggested Improvements

Cupholder for rear seats

I love this car!
By spooledup

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I can't get enough of this car. I've owned it for a little over 5 years and now have over 170,000 miles. It still runs smooth as it did with 65,000 miles and I've never had an issue with the car other than regular maintenance. I've changed the timing belt, water pump, clutch/fork, spark plugs, oil, and cam shaft sensor twice, battery and tires. That's it! All those things would need to be changed on any car so I would say this car is extremely reliable. It's never once left me stranded, and I don't drive like a grandma either. Speaking of which, the performance of this car is amazing. My car is still stock and I've beat everything from ls1 camaros, to evo's and sti's.

Favorite Features

Reliability, performance, price, maintenance cost and fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Turning radius and a dash that doesn't crack in the sun.

DO NOT BUY
By blahblah7

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

It was fun to drive, quick little car. BUT, It fell apart, right around 100, 000 kms everything goes wrong, like the tire rod, cam shaft sensor, o2 sensor and many many more. I had so many problems. I just really want to warn everyone and anyone to not buy this car, it will only be a head ache. save yourself and get a honda

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

quality, reliability, and overall better the car

Has served me well for 67k miles
By powerllama

2004 Dodge Neon SRT-4 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004. I've driven it ever since. I don't put as much mileage on cars as do other people, but 9 years and 67k miles can do a lot. The car is incredibly roomy on the inside, and easily fits four. Though it's not great for road-trips, as it doesn't have cruise control. But boy is it quick. It doesn't handle corners well, and has a giant turning radius, but in a straight line it's hard to beat for the price. Other than that, it's just a normal car. Nothing too special about it.

Favorite Features

The speed, the speed, the speed. Roomy. Great A/C.

Suggested Improvements

Could use power windows in the back, though I understand they didn't include them to keep costs down. Everything about this car was to keep costs down I guess. Cruise control would be great.

good at times.. horrible at times
By jay9544

2004 Dodge Neon SXT 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 4A)

i got this car with 95,000 miles and now have 132,000 thats it for now i dont plant on driving it anymore. The ECU is done.. I dont think its worth the money to fix this car. I have already replaced the transmission and the cam shaft sensor. I have changed the oil and filter religiously since i have gotten it. I just bought some new tires as well. In the end the car is decent looking for its size and pretty comfortable for a big guy like me even. But it is horrible quality and uses horrible parts.

Favorite Features

none

Suggested Improvements

meh its an american car, they dont care about quality.