2001 Dodge Durango Consumer Review: 2001 Durango Review

2001 Dodge Durango - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (4.7L V8 4-speed Automatic)

2001 Durango Review
By MarkN on

2001 Dodge Durango Sport 2WD 4dr SUV (4.7L 8cyl 4A)

Excellent choice for a mid-size SUV. 3 Sets of seats extremely beneficial especially the fact that both sets of rear seats lay down flat when the space is needed and the seats are not. 4.7 litre V8 is extemely potent. I tow a 19' boat and it does a great job. I own the 2 WD version (I live in the south no need for the added weight, suspension, etc.) so the ride is really plush for an SUV. Additionally, I get over 20 MPG on the highway. 3rd SUV I've owned in 8 years (2 Jeeps and now the Durango) and it was one of my favorites. If you're considering it, I'd highly recommend it.

3rd row seat bench front seat plush ride good power great towing capability automatic diming feature on rear view mirrors

The 2 improvements I would have liked is: 1)that there was sun visor extensions so that the sun visors would extend the whole length of the side window when the visor is moved into that position. And 2)that the tires would last a little longer only getting about 30K out of them.