2013 Chrysler 300 Consumer Review: Get the Hemi!

2013 Chrysler 300 - Consumer Review

2013 Chrysler 300

C John Varvatos Sedan (3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic)

Get the Hemi!
By joner800 on

2013 Chrysler 300 C John Varvatos 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After owning two top-trim level Mazdas, I grew tired of missing out on true luxury and high-tech features. I was also looking for a more exhilarating driving experience. I looked at the Ford Taurus SHO, the Hyundai Genesis R-Spec, and some others, but nothing caught my attention like the 300 John Varvatos Edition. I love that it is so unique I will never run into another one on the road. It's an unmistakably gorgeous car and it's a blast off the line with the 5.7 Hemi. I have driven it over 2500 miles and I still look forward to every time I get in this car. This car looks better, sounds better, and accelerates better than most cars in the $60-70k range - trust me.

All of the materials are of extremely high quality from the paint to the leather dash, even the paddle shifters and for handles are a nicely weighted metal, panoramic sunroof is a must-have, ventilated seats are also a must if you live in warm climate, voice commands work very well, touchscreen is the biggest and quickest I have ever seen. The quietest and smoothest transporter I have been in outside of an S-Class. Did I mention how beautiful this car is? It's an attention-grabber on the street and I still stop to look at it sitting in my driveway.

5-speed tranny is obsolete, and you really require more gears to extract the real power from this engine. The transmission sometimes upshifts in a less-than-graceful manner, but it's minor. With my lead foot and mostly city driving I'm getting about 14 mpg combined, well below Chrysler estimates of 16/25 (all is forgiven when you hear that engine roar, but clear your schedule for the 19-gallon fill-ups). This car doesn't like being thrown into turns, not to mention if you take a sharp left curve at high speed, you'll feel like you're going to end up in the passenger seat.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By joner800
on 07/23/14 13:48 PM (PDT)

update: i just ran into my first "other" JVE on the road after 10 months and 10k miles. not bad!