Get the Hemi!
By joner800 on
2013 Chrysler 300 C John Varvatos 4dr Sedan (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
After owning two top-trim level Mazdas, I grew tired of missing out on true luxury and high-tech features. I was also looking for a more exhilarating driving experience. I looked at the Ford Taurus SHO, the Hyundai Genesis R-Spec, and some others, but nothing caught my attention like the 300 John Varvatos Edition. I love that it is so unique I will never run into another one on the road. It's an unmistakably gorgeous car and it's a blast off the line with the 5.7 Hemi. I have driven it over 2500 miles and I still look forward to every time I get in this car. This car looks better, sounds better, and accelerates better than most cars in the $60-70k range - trust me.
Favorite Features
All of the materials are of extremely high quality from the paint to the leather dash, even the paddle shifters and for handles are a nicely weighted metal, panoramic sunroof is a must-have, ventilated seats are also a must if you live in warm climate, voice commands work very well, touchscreen is the biggest and quickest I have ever seen. The quietest and smoothest transporter I have been in outside of an S-Class. Did I mention how beautiful this car is? It's an attention-grabber on the street and I still stop to look at it sitting in my driveway.
Suggested Improvements
5-speed tranny is obsolete, and you really require more gears to extract the real power from this engine. The transmission sometimes upshifts in a less-than-graceful manner, but it's minor. With my lead foot and mostly city driving I'm getting about 14 mpg combined, well below Chrysler estimates of 16/25 (all is forgiven when you hear that engine roar, but clear your schedule for the 19-gallon fill-ups). This car doesn't like being thrown into turns, not to mention if you take a sharp left curve at high speed, you'll feel like you're going to end up in the passenger seat.
By joner800
on 07/23/14 13:48 PM (PDT)

update: i just ran into my first "other" JVE on the road after 10 months and 10k miles. not bad!