2012 Chevrolet Cruze Consumer Review: Could be better

2012 Chevrolet Cruze - Consumer Review

1LT Sedan (1.4L 4-cyl. Turbo 6-speed Manual)

Could be better
By ihateteeth on

2012 Chevrolet Cruze 1LT 4dr Sedan (1.4L 4cyl Turbo 6M)

My first foray into US manufacturer territory. So far the Cruze has been good but not without faults. I'm not big by any means but the seats just aren't wide enough. The air con is poor at best and not up to Florida summers. The bluetooth works when it wants to (rarely), and that old "gas mileage" thing. Not as good as I was lead to believe. In fact it's getting worse rather than improving with time as Chevy suggests it should. Like the styling, particularly the front, and the car feels well built. The way the auto shift suddenly moves down when slowing is rather alarming though. Something I could do without. Would I purchase another? Probably not.

Front end styling, large trunk and OnStar.

Make the seats comfortable and put in an air con system that cools quickly and effectively. Do something about the ridiculous jerkyness of the gearshifts of the auto transmission when slowing. Make the transmission change gear when accelerating before the revs get so high that it feels as if the engine may blow out from the hood.
By ouijajajajaja
on 02/08/13 17:53 PM (PST)

Yeah, the dealership told me the same thing about the fuel mileage! That's when I decided I wasn't going to buy this car. No car will ever gain fuel economy as it ages. They lie though thier teeth.