2005 Chevrolet Corvette Consumer Review: New C6 beats them all

2005 Chevrolet Corvette - Consumer Review

Base Coupe (6.0L V8 6-speed Manual)

New C6 beats them all
By Doc Robbins on

2005 Chevrolet Corvette 2dr Coupe (6.0L 8cyl 6M)

I picked up my beautiful magnetic red C6 right after it came off the truck. It has every available option on it, from the satellite rradio to the navigation system. At first I thought I would miss having the 6 CD changer; but with the XM satellite radio, who needs CD's? I've had navigation systems before. I think they're a necessity to reduce stress if you're traveling any sort of distance to a place unknown. Directions are even shown on the heads up display, and that is a first for me. It's awesome. The car has much more torque than the C5, and the Corvette window noise has finally been eliminated .Corvette is once again the premier sports car in the world!

XM radio, navigation system, a beautifully engineered car from the inside out. The C6 is just a gorgeous piece of sculpture, even when standing still. Power is instantaneous without any lag. The new interior is exceptionally quiet and ergonomic. The sport seats give you all the support you need.

Navigation system does not respond to verbal commands very well at all. I finally gave up and just enter the commands manually. A few more storage compartments would be welcomed. Tie down tabs are a necessity to prevent luggage from hitting the back of the seats in a quick stop.