Used 2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

cavalier rocks
By six flags

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

No problems so far!!!

I love my car!
By ShandaW

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought this car about a month ago and I've had no problems with it at all. It gets up to speed real quick and it handles real good. I bought it almost new so the tires were still good and the interior is beautiful. The only thing I've done is put better speakers in the back.

Favorite Features

Cd player, A/C, dark interior

Suggested Improvements

Better speakers

checkit
By mcghee

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I love my car that I just recently purchased for a wonderful price. It is great on the gas mileage and oil use. I love the way the car looks, sounds, and the comfort. It is my first new car I to own everything else was late eighties model. I do want to purchase a spoiler and keyless entry for it here soon.

Favorite Features

cd player. looks and good gas mileage

Suggested Improvements

I do wish the cup holder was placed somewere else, right now it is right in front of the heat controls and radio. I sometimes find it in the way when I have a drink in the holder and I am tring to change the station or heat controls.

Getting what you pay for
By Snookums

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with hesitation.I knew I didnt have the best car,but i also didnt expect problems from a new car.Such as...the visor is my biggest annoyance,stalls on occasion,floor matt on drivers side,electrical problems with two windows,blinkers,tailights and controls in the middle.Uncomfortable seats,loud A/C,cups dont fit in oddly placed cupholders. Worst of all, TERRIBLE PAINT JOB(if an acorn falls on my car it gets scratched)! I never knew of ANY car where a light in the glovebox was NOT standard! Nonetheless,i do like my Cavilier. Breaks work very good,gas mileage is awesome,nice look,safety features,radio/speakers,A/C,dimmed lights,performance.

Favorite Features

gas mileage and All THE SAFETY FEATURES...including the anchors for kids car seats, door not able to lock if key is in, automatic turn off of lights if left on.

Suggested Improvements

Automatic turn on/off lights, standard fog lights, comfort of seats, VISOR that WORKS, Matts that FIT,quiet A/C, better placed cupholders, LIGHT IN THE GLOVEBOX AND BETTER PAINT JOB!!!

I love my car!
By KariLynn

2003 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 5M)

As this is my first car and I needed one to get back and forth from work and to and from college and my apartment; I must say the Cavalier has completely fulfilled my needs and expectations... and more! I love how simple it is to drive and the sporty look that even the sedan has. An excellent buy for its price range!

Favorite Features

As I have tiny hands, I really enjoy the wide and gripped steering wheel. I also like that the emergency brake isn't on the floor as it is in my dads Malibu

Suggested Improvements

I did test drive a 97 Cavalier and the button to put it into reverse, etc was ON TOP; really difficult to press... I was happy when I drove the 2003 that it was changed to something much more user friendly!