Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Great for the money
By ryan

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

It's a car. I only put about 3000 miles on a year but reliability is great. Extremely uncomfortable seats, dasboard cracks, stereo system ok, car is black and only after 7 years the paint is in horrible condition, but is expected for color. Reliability is great and most parts if needed are extremely cheap for someone who can install themselves. Never had any major problems with anything else

Favorite Features

Styling, reliability, and gas mileage is great!

Suggested Improvements

Very uncomfortable seats, dashboard cracks, trunk lock breaks, paint fades after 4 years and looks terrible. Also the safety rating on the vehicle should make it illegal.

2000 Z24 is very reliable
By RicanZ24

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I had this car from the very begining. I always kept up with the maintenance. Never had any major problems with it. The thing I can complain about is the famous crack in the dash that everyone gets. I had this fixed and it cracked on me again. Too much plastic. The paint job GM has on the car is cheap. After 5 years my paints was starting to peel off. Its going on 8 years now and the roof, trunk and hood are in bad condition due to sun damage. Other than that my car runs like a champ. As long as you take care of your car it will take care of you in the long run.

Favorite Features

Sun roof, gas mileage, power

Suggested Improvements

Cheap plastic needs to be replaces too easy to crack after time. Better paint quality.

My Z24
By pat s

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I bought my Z24 and I must say, it is so much faster and more fun than it looks. My brother drives a 2002 Impala and my Z24 is much faster and more enjoyable to drive. I am also impressed with how easily this car can be modified into a real racer. I wouldn't give it up for the world.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, overall look, and the driving experience

Suggested Improvements

Better water pump design, better interior design (less plastic, relocattion of a few features), and no drum brakes!

Love It!
By Mitchell

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

I am 17 and this is my first car. I bought it with 93,000 miles. It is fun to drive, and gets great gas mileage. The only problems that I am having are, the sunroof switch has a short and will only open all the way if its been in the sun. It has great acceleration, and response. I also need to fix the struts in the front, but it's not the car's fault.

Favorite Features

Power sunroof, spoiler, Z24 badging, rims, keyless entry. Seat color matches my car color. (RED) Also like the body moldings.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic around the doors to prevent rust. Make it safer.

It just wouldn't die
By Rick

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I bought this car in January of 2000. It was my first brand new car. It was cheap, had a CD player, and was a stick...good enough for me. Despite the "sporty" look that I never really made friends with. 7.5 years, 135,000 miles and one minor fender bender later, the car had so few problems that I was beginning to wonder if it was ever going to die. It wasn't until about 5 years after I bought the car that I read about how much of a death trap it was, though, so I lucked out by not getting an any serious accidents. People sitting in the backseat are basically unprotected in case of a bad crash, but since it's so cramped back there who would want to sit there anyway?

Favorite Features

Crazy reliable. GMs are hit and miss but my particular one was a hit all the way. Trunk is huge! Seats fold down, that came in handy a lot.

Suggested Improvements

Safety for rear passengers is a serious issue. Interior is cramped, gas mileage is low for such a small car, doors are enormous and open way too wide.