2000 Chevrolet Cavalier - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:
2000 cavalier z24
By jlo411 on 11/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

ok for first car

Perpetual Rent-a-Car
By julmak on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

This car will get you from point A to point B, but there is nothing special occupy you while youÂ’re in transit. Only one problem - the catalytic converter went bad. The front driver- side tire "chirps" as I drive, but no one has been able to fix it. Cavalier has been consistently listed as the worst passenger/family sedan in terms of safety by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rating s/ce/html/summary_midinexp.htm# http://www.hwysafety.org/vehicle_rating s/ce/html/photo_comp_midinexp.htm According to CR, if you were T-boned in a Caviler on the driver's side, you're almost certain to have a permanent or fatal injury.

best car yet
By BJone23 on 07/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

i love this car. im actually thinking about purchasing another car, but i don't think that i would get rid of my chevy even if i went and got another.

Shaky Brakes
By RaYcH on 07/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

I agree with the person who said there is vibrating feel with the brakes sometimes. It's weird. Overall, I love my car. It looks good and drives well. I had some problems with the Solinoid(not sure of the spelling) when I first bought it. Took the dealership a while to figure out what was wrong. Guess thats what I get for buying a used car. But it's a great car for a good price.

So what if it aint a 'Vette?
By John W on 05/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Convertible

This is a fun little car to drive and own. It isn't refined like a Jaguar. It isn't a performance car like a Corvette. For the money, it makes no pretense about what it is; simply an enjoyable ride about town with the top down. Besides, if you want all those fancy features, open your wallet up a bit more and quit whining.

its a chevrolet
By bink7 on 05/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I LOVE THIS CAR, HAVE NOT HAD ONE PROBLEM WITH IT IN THE LAST 2 AND 1/2 YEARS OF OWNERSHIP. RIDES GREAT LOOKS SHARP AND IT PERFORMS WELL IN ALL AREAS AS LONG AS COMMON SENSE IS USED WHEN DRIVING. MY ONLY BEEF (MINOR) IS THAT I THOUGHT THE GAS MILAGE WOULD BE A LITTLE BETTER, GETS ABOUT 28 TO 30 MILES PER GALLON. MY WIFE HAS A 2000 SATURN AND SHE LOVES IT, BUT TO ME THIS CAVALIER IS A MUCH MORE SOLIDLY BUILT AUTOMOBILE.

Sondra
By zoeydsngwrtr on 03/26/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 4dr Sedan

I am a return customer for the Cavalier. I find that for their class, they are pretty good, (in my mind they come in second to the Civic, it is just too much money for my budget). The car drives very well, and you get what you pay for plus some.

2000 Cavalier 4 Dr. Sedan
By Chongsah on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier LS 4dr Sedan

This car has positives: nice body style, good gas mileage, nice interior, etc. However, something is not right with the ABS. Kind of scary. When brakes are applied (while slowing down to turn, stopping, etc. even on dry pavement), there's a hum, a vibration under your foot through the brake pedal, brakes lock up anyway and I've slid (in snow) before the car stops. A few times, I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to stop in time and no, I wasn't driving fast at all, driving through residential streets. Also, power window on front passenger side stopped working after only 40K miles. Difficult to get in and out of the back seats, even though it's a 4 door.

Z24 Coupe
By Americanred on 02/14/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Z24 2dr Coupe

This being my 3rd Cavalier you can see that I am partial to the J-Body. This car is the nicest looking Compact (from the outside) in my opinion. It might not be able to keep up with some of the super compacts coming out in the next few years however it is a fun, inexpensive car that is easy to take care of. That's what I was looking for.

Great First Car
By nsfreerider on 02/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier 2dr Coupe

I am a mountain biker and I can fit 3 people (2 in the passenger seat) and 3 bikes in my cavalier. Great for drive and drops. Doesn't have a lot of power, but isn't lacking in power. Awesome fuel economy. Odometer starts glowing with heat after 21 hours of straight driving. Great in the snow.