Used 2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Cavalier model:

Good inexpensive car
By linban

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

I bought this car for a cheap economical commuter car. My uncle has owned 5 Chevy Cavaliers and recommended I buy this used one. His last one had 160,000 miles with no major mechanical issues and was still going strong. I have had no problems with mine. It had 73,000 miles on it when I bought it. I pushed it past 90 mph to see how it would handle, and it ran smooth. Granted there is alot of road noise and you feel like you are sitting close to the ground. But for a cheap little car, it is great.

It handles great. It has a huge trunk, with fold down seats for a small car. It handles great and manuveurs easily into small places. It has some storage inside and many cup holders. I also like the shifter on the floor.

I have the no frills model, so not much for me to say. It is cramped inside for my family of 5 (with 2 car seats). The seats dont adjust up for shorter people. Less road noise (more metal or lining) would be nice. For a small car it should get better gas mileage, I average 24 mpg.

Cavaliers are a great car
By kirby

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

This is now my 6th Cavalier. No matter how you cut it they are reliable and low maintenance. In the past 18 months of owning the 2000 cavalier I have now, it has cost me less than $200.00 in total repairs(regular oil changes included). My only complaint is the suspension is a little weak. All Cavaliers have been known to hit hard over bumps leaving the comfort of driving being sacrificed. However if you can sacrifice the comfortable drive for a cheap, reliable, low maintenance, gas miser. Then a Cavalier is right for you.

My favorite features of the Cavalier would have to be the gas mileage, the low maintenance requirements, and the reliability of the cavalier engines.

Improvements in my opinion are a better suspension to give a stiffer, more comfortable drive rather than the clunk, clunk over almost every bump.

Love this car
By heather stevens

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I always love to drive this car. It is cost effective and very reliable. It is a great car for first getting out of college.

Love the safety features of the dual airbags knowing that my passenger is protected also.

I have no suggested improvements.

Gonna Drive this Until it Dies
By Derrick G

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan LS 4dr Sedan

I currently have just over 135,000 miles on this car and I bought it brand new. I have had no problems. (Just a couple of recalls that were taken care very quickly.) I still get over 30 miles per gallon. It's a little rough on the inside when compared to other vehicles, but it gets the job done.

Great gas mileage!

A freaking off switch for the traction control system would have been nice!! The system is increadibly touchy. It drives me nuts!

Chev Cav 2000, aka, LEMON
By Pavel

2000 Chevrolet Cavalier Sedan 4dr Sedan

My 2000 Chev Cavalier gave me problems right from the first 15,000 miles. In that time I had replaced all 4 Goodyear Tires..they all developed holes in the sidewall...my fault even though it had not happened to me in my 20 yrs of auto ownership. Goodyear would not prorate any tires. At 40K, the radio went out. Fortunately, I had an extended warranty, but I had to fight w/Robert Levis Chev in Slidell, La to get it fixed. While fixing the radio, they damaged the digital oddometer (they wouldn't admit it!). After this incident, I've had to repair the fuel pump, battery and alternator, and other stuff I'm forgetting. I'm buying a new car, thank God.

None really.