Used 1993 Chevrolet Caprice Base Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Caprice model:

Chevrolet Caprice Classic 9c1 - Frequent Stall Issues
By mpfi

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

* This review is mainly intended for ex-police cruiser fans, Chevy Caprice lovers, Car restorer or Collector. The car is great; however, after many years of trouble-free operation it started having some stall issues.

* This review is mainly intended for ex-police cruiser fans, Chevy Caprice lovers, Car restorer or Collector. I replaced almost every thing that could come to your mind: electric fuel pump and in-tank wiring harness, spark distributor assembly, TBI assembly was overhauled, replaced TBI sensors, Oil Pressure sending unit, MAP, Air Temp Sensor and EGR. There is only (1) thing I overlooked, the external fuel pump wiring harness attached to the fuel sender unit: Solution 1: BLT1 Bulkhead Connector Assembly http://www.racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=BLT1-BCA&eq=&Tp= or.... Solution 2: Power Isolator – Part Number 14007 www.revolutionelectronics.com

Big Boat, Nice Float
By art

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned this old river barge for nearly a year and love it! I explain it, "as if you were driving the couch". Having put 20k on in 10 months, I have few complaints. All the mileage one could expect, probably more for a 305ci, river barge. I get a consistent 22mpg running my route, (450 miles weekly), & as high as 27 on a road trip.

Comfort! Space! Big! I put new shocks on when I bought at 70k, good stock tires, & alignment. She floats like a straight arrow. I know if I hit something, it will know its been hit!

1993 Caprice
By Major Nairn

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

I have owned 2 Chevy Caprice's and they are very reliable and a real workhorse of a car. These models are the cars you keep for years and years because they can handle the high miles. For older folkes looking for reliability and safety you can't beat a Caprice. These cars are fast becoming collectors items as Chevrolet made its last Caprice in 1996. These cars are favorites for middle Eastern countries (where fuel prices are not an issue) as cabs and police cars and are bought in lots of 10-20 at a time and shipped to their respective countries.

Durability, spacious interior and trunk,

No longer made

want a great value!?!?
By bowtie 666

1993 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan 4dr Sedan

this is my 11th caprice of varying years, this is the 6th i have owned with the 5.0 (305 cu. inch) i honestly can say that after the late 80's any of the TBI (throttle body injection) cars are still the best as you can work on them in your yard, they get great mileage (mine have averaged 15- 16 city and 24++++ on the road, even as high as the low 30's with a stiff tailwind @ 65 with the cruise set) if GM had half a brain trust they would go back to building these things!

nice ride, average handling for a normal driver, RELIABLE as you will ever find!

fit and finish could be better but HEY it is a CHEVROLET the WORKING MANS CAR!