Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Our little pill car
By Happy Pancake

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We called this car our little pill. It was white, and shaped just like a gel tab of Tylenol. :) For using this car as a primary means of communication to and from work, I give this car a 10! For having enough room to fit 2 carseats, a stroller, and a passenger, that's it! Forget groceries or driving the mother-in-law somewhere.

The mpg was refreshing to only need to fill up bi-weekly.

Car overheated on a trip with some mountains. Felt like driving the little engine that could get up the hill.

80,000 miles, no problems
By Gene

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Hello, I'm reading through all the previous posts and amazed of all the problems that people are having. As of July 1, 2009 I have 80,000 miles on mine. It will be four years old in October. I will admit the original tires were junk, I replaced them at around 20,000 and now have Toyo's. The new tires are wearing awesome, I can probably get around 75,000 miles on them. Other then that, oil change every 5k, rotate tires every 10k. My goal was to get 100,000 miles on it (five years). Gas mileage, I travel 85 miles per day and I have been getting 34-37 MPG

Plain and simple, love it.

Better speakers

By Candace

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I only had my car two year and it broke down on me in the summer and it only had 67,000 miles on it. The thermostat housing melted the auto repair man said that it happened only because of how cheap the car was made and what it was made of. The car being fuel efficient is great but if something happens and it over heats then you need to get a new engine which is worth what the car it worth. I would not recommend this to anyone.

Doesn't run-looks cute in driveway
By rocksteady2

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At approx. 70K mi. the alternator and serpentine belt went out. A couple hundred miles later, there was a loud pop and my engine blew. The "L" shaped piece that connects the engine to the radiator actually blew out of the engine. Of course it's not under warranty and I have another year to pay on it!I don't recommend you buy this car!

It's cute!

Better engine! Maybe one that at least lasts as long as the payment plan!

Best car I have ever had
By E Smith

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I now have over 100,000 miles on my car and it has only been in the shop for maintenance. Drives great and has LOTS of power. I can go all the way up the Grapevine (in Calif) at 65 mph no problem. The only challenge I have had is that is seems to have trouble starting up first thing in the morning (especially when its cold). My husband, children and myself are all very all people and we fit in this car very easily with plenty of leg room (yes looks are deceiving). This car has lots of room for hauling things around. Maneuverability is good - lots of fun to drive. The key maintenance issues are to be faithful about oil changes and change the timing chain every 40,000 to 50,000 miles.

Lots of power and pep. Fun handling and GREAT mileage (35 MPG at 80 MPH). Very reliable car. Handles well in all kinds of weather.

It would be helpful is they could reduce the interior noise level at freeway speeds. Needs more powerful air conditioning system.