2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
very good small carI drive 100 mile
By john on 04/02/07 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a 100 miles a day to work. The car does what I got it for. The mileage with out the air on is very good. With the air on, you get about 36 miles per gal. 2yrs and no problems.

Wow, what a car
By STEVE on 01/07/07 19:17 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this little car. I have never owned a small car. It is fun to drive in city or highway. The engine is a bit small especially if going up hill. Good gas mileage with automatic trans. 26 city 37 highway. No problems so far after 19000. There is room for 4 big people even on long trips. The front seat is a bit uncomfortable for a big guy. I have notice driving thru snow is a little more difficult, maybe the tires and not the car.

Good economy car
By Gary on 12/06/06 19:57 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my Aveo for about 2 years. On the highway it gets excellent MPG (avg. 33-36 w/A/C). Decent MPG in the city. In my opinion, the engine is underpowered and highway acceleration can be scary. The car feels very light, which is very evident when driving over 65mph. Exterior feels cheap and dents very easily. It did, however, get very good crash test ratings. Overall, this is a good inexpensive car. It's unbelievably reliable, even in subzero temps. Do not try driving this thing on snowy roads.

True Sub-compact
By Sirrep on 11/20/06 18:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Rover, Chevette, Hornet, Fiat 600, Valnent, Mustang, I have ridden in all of them. This Aveo gives the best, most quiet drive in years. Best bang for the buck, especially if it is on sale at about $9k at the dealer.

Blue rocket on wheels
By great little car on 09/08/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a car for travel as my job is 3hrs away. I sold my Geo with 248 thousand miles and it had great mileage. This was an inexspensive auto, and that's what I needed. After driving it for 3.5 months, I haven't had any problems with it. I'm very happy with the car all around. It handles very well driving through the mountains.

It's a good car
By brian Spears on 08/18/06 20:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think the Chevrolet Aveo is a wonderful car. It sits up high, seats are firm. It has a lot of room, especially with the back seats folded up. The engine's not too thirsty. I get about 37 miles to the gallon on the highway, but that's with a K&N air filter, running synthetic oil as well. I firmly believe that it is just as good as a Honda or Toyota, of similar size. The car is getting even better looking in 2007 with available leatherette seats, six disc changer and refreshed exterior.

Not Quite Sure
By agrzeskowiak on 07/11/06 07:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car before I bought it. Was told it was 1 of a few that were painted key lime green from the factory. After driving it for about a month maybe 2 it seems to feel like something is bent somewhere. Car seems to have vibrations and interior door handles are loose. As also the black appliques on the rear doors is buckling. I have gone back to the dealership in May of 06 to get these fixed they are still ordering parts and have not heard from them.

I love my little car
By My Aveo rocks* on 06/28/06 05:49 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I did quite a bit of reseach before buying this car. I test drove literally 13 different cars of all competitors. I found this car to be the best of them all. I am a 6' tall guy, and I felt the least cramped in this car of them all! A lot of my freinds ragged on me for buying such a small car, especially since I could afford a lot bigger car, but after I took them for a ride, they were believers! This car is huge on the inside, can fit a ton in the trunk. After driving it for a few months, I do have a couple of complaints, but just minor. 1) Needs a center arm rest 2) Can be a beast to handle in high winds. Overall this is a great car, and I've driven a few, I reccomend!

Best car (for the $) I've ever owned.
By jeramyryan on 06/07/06 06:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Special Value 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and purchased our Aveo Sedan six months ago based soley on the sticker price (less than 10k) and the gas mileage. We were also attracted to the Aveo's European style design. The longer we own it, the more happy we are about our decision. Despite what others have said, this car handles very well, especially compared to our Hyundai and it is much more comfortable. Like Dr. Who's Tardis, the inside seems much bigger than the outside-plenty of room, comfortable and ergonomic, with a HUGE trunk. Those who complain about power and a widely spaced transmission seem to forget they are reviewing an economy car. 6 months and no mechanical problems whatsoever.

Enjoyable, Satisfied
By m on 06/03/06 18:14 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Very easy to drive car. The Aveo is cheap to own and operate. But, its handling, stopping distance, forgiving road manners, and solid ergnomics truly shine. Stopping distances are short. The driver's cockpit is well laid out. Generous headroom, a commanding view, well laid out controls, well tuned steering with McPherson struts, reasonably comfortable seats and solid extras like the card holder, cupholders and overall design make this a very easy, and pleasant car to drive. Even the layout of the oil pan and filter are designed to be owner-friendly. Do yourself a favor and swap out the factory issued front tires, for better rubber. Performance will improve.