2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Um... its ugly.
By Kasey on 04/11/07 09:09 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

My Dad bought it for me when my 1985 Toyota pickup blew a head gasket. All of the girls at my school think it's cute, but I still say it's ugly. iI was happy to work on the Toyota till it ran again. I'm a 17 y/o girl and I pretty much hated my car until my Dad bought graphics to put on the side. So now its not as ugly, but I'm still not really fond of it. It works for going too and from school, but not for working with my horses. So it's not really all that great for a farm girl.

very good small carI drive 100 mile
By john on 04/02/07 18:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I drive a 100 miles a day to work. The car does what I got it for. The mileage with out the air on is very good. With the air on, you get about 36 miles per gal. 2yrs and no problems.

Wow, what a car
By STEVE on 01/07/07 19:17 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love this little car. I have never owned a small car. It is fun to drive in city or highway. The engine is a bit small especially if going up hill. Good gas mileage with automatic trans. 26 city 37 highway. No problems so far after 19000. There is room for 4 big people even on long trips. The front seat is a bit uncomfortable for a big guy. I have notice driving thru snow is a little more difficult, maybe the tires and not the car.

It's a good car
By brian Spears on 08/18/06 20:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I think the Chevrolet Aveo is a wonderful car. It sits up high, seats are firm. It has a lot of room, especially with the back seats folded up. The engine's not too thirsty. I get about 37 miles to the gallon on the highway, but that's with a K&N air filter, running synthetic oil as well. I firmly believe that it is just as good as a Honda or Toyota, of similar size. The car is getting even better looking in 2007 with available leatherette seats, six disc changer and refreshed exterior.

Not Quite Sure
By agrzeskowiak on 07/11/06 07:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I fell in love with this car before I bought it. Was told it was 1 of a few that were painted key lime green from the factory. After driving it for about a month maybe 2 it seems to feel like something is bent somewhere. Car seems to have vibrations and interior door handles are loose. As also the black appliques on the rear doors is buckling. I have gone back to the dealership in May of 06 to get these fixed they are still ordering parts and have not heard from them.

Aveos Rock
By Aveo-Luvr on 04/28/06 18:38 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

The Aveo is much more spacious than it initially looks. Even though it is the most inexpensive model, it rides very smoothly and you don't hear every crack in the road. It is the first new auto I have ever owned and I recommend it to anyone commuting or even as a first car. They are inexpensive, the insurance is inexpensive, and they get great gas mileage. They have a lot of get-up-and-go for such a small engine. I love my AVEO!!!

Awesome for the price
By M Henry on 04/26/06 09:29 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I like this little car. I've got rabbits, and if I go on trips with them the carriers fit well in the back seat without giving up too much front legroom. My wife is a bit heavy, and I can feel the handling difference when she's in the car, but it's not bad at all. Me and a buddy of mine run time trials through a little curvy section of road and it feels pretty tight at 45 and you never feel like you're going to roll. I could complain about the mileage, but I figure it's less to fill up than my co-workers that drive big trucks everyday so it's not bad. I drive a little rough on it but still get a decent 27-28 mpg.

Great little car
By Tara on 04/06/06 11:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car in September of 2005 and I now have almost 19,000 miles on it. I really love to drive this car and it's great for both in-town and long distance driving. Great gas mileage. The only problem I have had is defroster noise...and only when it's really cold. There's a lot of room in the car despite its small size.

I loved it...at first
By loreeb18 on 01/28/06 19:46 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I had a 92 Metro that I loved. When it broke, I got a new 2005 Aveo. I thought it was cute and fun to drive. I didn't have a lot of problems at first. But in the past couple months, I had to get my lock bezzle replaced, my fan blower motor was replaced once and is back in again for the same problem, and there's a crack in my brake system (which is why I've had to refill the brake fluid 3 times in 14 months). My car has been at the dealership for 2 weeks now and I'm still waiting to get it back.

A nice package indeed
By cyrral on 01/18/06 15:09 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I managed to get a Key Lime green version, which they don't normally offer. It sure is an attention getter. I've been averaging 33-35mpg. Has a nice ride on the freeway, and no problem doing 80 when you need it. Great interior with plenty of leg room. CD plays mp3s, so you can have a great selection of songs on a few CDs.