Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

Doesn't run-looks cute in driveway
By rocksteady2

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

At approx. 70K mi. the alternator and serpentine belt went out. A couple hundred miles later, there was a loud pop and my engine blew. The "L" shaped piece that connects the engine to the radiator actually blew out of the engine. Of course it's not under warranty and I have another year to pay on it!I don't recommend you buy this car!

Favorite Features

It's cute!

Suggested Improvements

Better engine! Maybe one that at least lasts as long as the payment plan!

Best car I have ever had
By E Smith

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LT 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I now have over 100,000 miles on my car and it has only been in the shop for maintenance. Drives great and has LOTS of power. I can go all the way up the Grapevine (in Calif) at 65 mph no problem. The only challenge I have had is that is seems to have trouble starting up first thing in the morning (especially when its cold). My husband, children and myself are all very all people and we fit in this car very easily with plenty of leg room (yes looks are deceiving). This car has lots of room for hauling things around. Maneuverability is good - lots of fun to drive. The key maintenance issues are to be faithful about oil changes and change the timing chain every 40,000 to 50,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Lots of power and pep. Fun handling and GREAT mileage (35 MPG at 80 MPH). Very reliable car. Handles well in all kinds of weather.

Suggested Improvements

It would be helpful is they could reduce the interior noise level at freeway speeds. Needs more powerful air conditioning system.

Best bang for your buck
By Colene Myers

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback LS 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in 2008. My Granddaughter had an accident and totaled it... The police office said that the car was well made or the passengers would not have walked away. Along with the excellent mileage that I received that says it all. Now am looking for a replacement.

Loved this car
By shane

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I am not a review writer, but I wanted to say a few good things about my Aveo. I was just involved in a roll over accident. The car got decent gas mileage and mostly was a commuter car. I have taller boys. one is 6'3" and was comfortable in the back seat. We decided to save a few dollars on a trip an took this car. To no fault of the car we went into the median and rolled 3 times. We all had minor injuries, but basically walked away from a roll over.

Favorite Features

Liked how it felt like you were sitting high instead of on the ground like other cars

Love my Aveo
By aveo fan

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Hatchback Special Value 4dr Hatchback (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Great car, have had it for 3 years, bought brand new at a dealer. If you want something more than a reliable, gas sipping tin can on wheels don't buy this, you will be dissapointed. Never any problems with it, have driven it from midwest to east coast, comfortable.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, 35-39. Price (under $8400 brand new). Reliability. Fun to drive, manual trans is peppy. Roomier than a lot of small cars out there.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of anything right now