Used 2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan Consumer Reviews - 70 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:

2005, automatic - 65,000 Miles
By jdubsnow

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for 2.5 years, I got it because I needed a car and it was a great deal. For city and in town driving, this car is perfect...however - if you drive on the freeways a lot, it is terrible at high speeds/with wind - due to how light the car is in weight. It also is not great in snow...so if you live in the Midwest, or anywhere with a lot of snow in the winters, I would not recommend this little go-kart. It gets stressful in the snow with how light it is - and you cannot get great tires, especially over 14" - so that doesn't help. If you go too fast, you will slide, and if you go too slow, you will get stuck. It is great for nice weathered places though, and in town driving.

Definitely the gas mileage. I get 24-27 in the cities, and up to 32 on the highway. It is also pretty roomy inside for how tiny it looks. I've had some

Make it possible to get 16" tires. Better handling in snow. Built a litter heavier.

Good First Car
By kwizzle14

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

It was my first car I got in High School and owned it for two years.
I live in the city so it was PERFECT.
Never had any major problems either.
I even got rear ended by a pickup truck and I had little to no damage and the pickups whole front bumper was destroyed.
I took this car with me to my first semester in college (6 hour drive) Didn't last very long after that.
On my way home for thanksgiving the Aveo broke down in the middle of nowhere about two hours away from home.
It cost me around 2000 to fix.
I just sold the car to my little sister though who still lives at home.
So all in all, great car for commuting around the area, but not so great for long 6 hour drives.

Fuel economy! Never cost me more than 30 dollars to fill a tank. Spacious seating.

Watch out for the crash engine
By New Motor Time

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Overall not a bad car and rates well in its class but do the maintenance. Timing belt change at 60,000 miles. If it goes, the motor can not be repaired and must be replaced. When you make the change you need (must) also to change the pulleys and water pump. It is also very tinny and dents easy. Good gas mileage but is underpowered to achieve it.

Great Car for Awhile
By Jen Squared

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I loved this car when I first bought it. As a single mom though, I had to finance for 6 years to afford the payments. Now, the car was in the shop for 3 out of the last 4 weeks for various different and expensive reasons. Apparently it is really hard to get the parts you need. Of course, that could be my mechanic's way of buying more time, but if the car had lasted past its warranty I don't think I would have had to deal with a mechanic other than a dealer. Bottom Line: If you buy an aveo, do not keep it past about 50,000 miles or so unless you have at least 2000 saved up for repairs.

Very roomy for a small car. Awesome gas mileage for a non-hybrid. Low price (when purchasing).

Better quality parts under the hood.

3 deer later...
By Mean Salmon

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This was my 4th car, and I had a SUV before hand. I wanted something better on gas and found my Aveo. Its been a great car, although my friends give me a hard time about it, I can always remind them that I pay a fraction in gas and car payments that they do. I've had it almost 3 years and have hit 3 deer (ahh life in the country). Glad to report most damage ever done was a dented hood and a cracked head light. By far the best car I have ever owned, its good on mileage and handles great.

Its a sharp little car that can fit into tight parking spots and parallel parking is never a worry.