2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Aveo model:
Piece of junk
By Big Mistake on 11/10/09 07:53 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

you name it it has gone out or broke while driving. I git this for my daughter hoping this would be a good car.,. All I can say is thank god she is alive and hasn't been killed by the crap of a car they chevy put out. There was a reason I don't but chevy's.

Our little pill car
By Happy Pancake on 08/10/09 09:17 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

We called this car our little pill. It was white, and shaped just like a gel tab of Tylenol. :) For using this car as a primary means of communication to and from work, I give this car a 10! For having enough room to fit 2 carseats, a stroller, and a passenger, that's it! Forget groceries or driving the mother-in-law somewhere.

80,000 miles, no problems
By Gene on 07/01/09 18:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Hello, I'm reading through all the previous posts and amazed of all the problems that people are having. As of July 1, 2009 I have 80,000 miles on mine. It will be four years old in October. I will admit the original tires were junk, I replaced them at around 20,000 and now have Toyo's. The new tires are wearing awesome, I can probably get around 75,000 miles on them. Other then that, oil change every 5k, rotate tires every 10k. My goal was to get 100,000 miles on it (five years). Gas mileage, I travel 85 miles per day and I have been getting 34-37 MPG

She's the Best
By laura on 06/17/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

I love my little baby. This was a great investment and I haven't been sorry even 1 day. My husband is 6'2" and I am 5'3" and we are both happy with the roomyness as well as how she handles. I get between 35 and 40 to the gallon and we love her at the pump. We love her so much we call her Cherry. I pet her behind the mirrors till she purrs each night(just kidding) I plan to buy another one next year I just hope that they keep them as great as this one.

Basic transportation
By Michael Kinney on 06/14/08 14:06 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Three years we have been driving this car. Its is hard to hold on the freeway with any kind of side wind. I can say that is is basic tranportation. Mileage is nothing to speak of. I wished I still had my Metro. It was a better car.

Great Car For The Money
By Jim on 05/14/08 18:56 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Many people make the mistake of comparing this car to a Camry, Accord or some much more expensive car. However for between 10K and 13K this is a great car. Mine gets great mileage, looks good and is easy on the wallet. I think it's the greatest bargain in the US. It's a great car at a great price.

Great Little Car
By Steve on 01/28/08 00:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

This little Chevy Aveo of mine Has been one of the trustworthy running cars I have ever owned . I now have over 40,000 miles plus on it , And it's never been in the shop for repairs . It's been to the Mid-west from the west coast and back over the Mountains and this little car ran great even at speeds at 85-mph And this car gave me no pains at all. The only time my car has been in the shop was for an il change. This little car has a super great turning rate . One can do a U-Turn in a tighter spot than any other car I have ever known to do . This little car is fun to drive .

Reliable and easy on the gas!
By Denise on 12/30/07 14:53 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Best features on this vehichle is the reliability and the gas mileage. These were most important to me as I drive 100 miles RT to work M-F. Storage space very good, both inside the car, and the trunk. A bit noisy on the highway, and really lacks power up hills....but still overall, drives pretty good. I haven't had any major problems, just bad tires, or a car that creates bad tires, don't know. The price reflects the car you are buying, just the basics! Meaning, no power anything, and just AM/FM radio, but then I just bought the car to get me from work and back, and it does that just fine. Price unbeatable.

My Experience with this car, Chevy Aveo
By Chevy Aveo on 09/30/07 18:04 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Although the little Chevy Aveo may very well be the cheapest car that one can by brand new, my experience with my Chevy Aveo has been nothing but wonderful . After reading all the Pro's and Con's about the car , I bought one for myself and I love it. This last July 2007 I took a road trip to the state of Minnesota from where I live ( Seattle Washington) qnd that little car ran the best and most trouble free then any other . Performance wise, slightly weak in the mountains but did alright considering the steepness of the hills. In the mountains for gas mileage I got about 32 mph . On the flat lands I got the best of 40 plus miles to the gallon even with the A/C on .

Don't Buy It!
By Autumn on 08/18/07 11:13 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Aveo Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (1.6L 4cyl 5M)

Like many people, I need an economical vehicle that will get me from point A to point B. This car is economical, but not very trustworthy. I would not buy it again. As it is, mine has less than 30,000 miles on it and is starting to do things such a new car should not do. It occasionally hesitates upon starting, it makes strange sounds when it is running, the gas light quit working, and it's rattling itself apart (the driver's side armrest rattles when driving). I don't trust the car any more and am looking into getting rid of it before the warranty runs out. Of course, it's not paid off and this car is worth nothing as a trade in. Bum deal! Don't fall for it like I did!