2005 Buick Rendezvous - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Rendezvous model:
Beautiful Buick Rendezvous
By M K on 04/12/05 16:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I used to own Ford Expeditions until I drove this Buick. I Love it. Rides as good as a Cadillac and gets good gas mileage. Even my husband enjoys the ride and he is strictly a Cadillac man.

Can't ask for more
By his&hers on 03/31/05 17:08 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After my husband drove a Rendezvous for 18 months, we decided at the end of my Jaguar lease that it made sense for me to buy a Rendezvous. If 2 older people enjoyed driving a car from Baltimore to Florida without stopping overnight, it must be a great car. The cabin design is spectacular! Of course, it was designed by a female engineer!

Buick Rendezvous
By dihiggs on 03/24/05 12:08 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After buying vehicles year after year, I have finally settled on the Buick Rendezvous. With its comfort, easy handling, and good gas mileage, it is definitely the upcoming vehicle to watch out for. It is sporty and has the luxury of an SUV. This was a great choice for me.

2005 Rendezvous a great vehicle
By Auntie on 03/19/05 10:20 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Very reliable vehicle,excellent and ample carrying space. This is the second model Rendezvous that I have owned, handles road well, excellent control in snow.

Be cautious
By VeryDisappointed on 03/18/05 09:23 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Gas mileage is WAY below rating. Sticker was 18-28 and actual highway is under 18. Not even close. I hate to think what around town driving will be.Dealer/GM says thats the best that can be expected, despite sticker rating. Electronic features have been a constant source of aggravation and repair- Navigation system, radio,climate control, mirrors,horn, etc. Very quirky and inconsistent. Never sure if they are going to work. Dealer has been very helpful, but it's hard to reproduce (and fix)intermittent problems. VERY frustrating.

2005 CX Rendezvous
By Rich Mayer on 03/13/05 12:43 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The 2005 CX base model Rendezvous has been an outstanding experience for me !! Smooth, quiet ride. Better gas mileage than many smaller vehicles. Gorgeous exterior -- especially from the front. My favorite thing is the way the dashboard lights up at night. The light-silver dials turn to black. All numbers and pointers light up in a green/blue teal. And there is a slight angelic white glow emminating from behind the anchor spot of the needles.

Review of my Rendezvous
By Carol Grider on 03/11/05 19:55 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My past two vehicles were a Ford Explorer, then a Ford Expedition. I loved both, but when the family got smaller I didn't need all the room of an Expedition, so we looked for a comparable vehicle as far as looks and comfort. We tried the Rendezvous and fell in love. I have had it almost a month now and love how it drives, handles and the smooth ride. We got all the bells and whistles and we can't say anything bad about it. I LOVE IT!! Thanks GM for a great product.

Great Automobile
By Bob Corwin on 02/22/05 14:22 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 2nd Rendezvous, the 1st was a 2002 CX. I was so pleased with my first Rendezvous and its dependability that I purchased the 2nd with most of the 'bells and whistles". So far I have not been disappointed. I find the styling, features and construction to be top-notch. As for the most often complaint as to its underpowered engine, I have found no trouble in passing any car when I wish and this auto's hill climbing abililty on the highway is unsurpassed. Unless you have a lead foot and are looking for a race car I think you'll find its power more than adequate and you will get decent gas milage as a bonus. Take one for a test drive and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

My 3rd Rendezvous
By Bill on 02/17/05 18:43 PM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX Fwd 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Rendezvous (2002, 2003, 2005) and obviously, I love this car. It is extremely comfortable on trips and very stylish. I put on a lot of miles and have traded each time because of GM's discount, rebates, GM credit card, and warranty. It does have some flaws, though. Wheel bearings will most certainly go (both "02 and "03) and the gasket around the driver's door was a problem (wind noise) on the "03. Power steering gets sluggish in sub-zero temps and transmission is touchy in heavy traffic. Many of the options Buick offers were standard on the "02 (Side air bags, ABS, monogrammed mats, cargo storage compartments on floor, etc...

Nice Ride
By Dan Gannon on 02/15/05 06:31 AM (PST)

2005 Buick Rendezvous CX AWD 4dr SUV (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has a great ride and looks much smaller then it is. It gives much space but could use some extra, especially in the back for storage.