2005 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: It's a Blast!

2005 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

3.0i Convertible (3.0L 6-cyl. 6-speed Manual)

It's a Blast!
By Peacefield on

2005 BMW Z4 3.0i 2dr Roadster (3.0L 6cyl 6M)

It's a wonderful driver's car that doesn't ask for many compromises. For a small two seater, leg room is ample and a golf bag plus hand cart fit easily into the trunk, even with the top down! The car's road manners are outstanding and the chassis is wonderfully stiff for a ragtop. I definitely recommend stepping up to the 3.0 engine and 6spd. I'm told that the 2.5 and 5spd can seem winded at highway speeds. Definitely not the case with the 3.0/6spd. The looks inside and out are controversial, but they continue to grow on me. Quality to this point has been very good.

This car is absolutely glued to the road. Terrific acceleration that is wonderfully refined and smooth. And everything that I enjoy about this car is multiplied by ten as soon as I put the ragtop down.

My only complaint involves the position of the pedals; they seem to be set a bit to the left which results in my sitting crooked. It's not awful, but the ride would be SOOO much more comfortable if they were placed more traditionally.