2003 BMW Z4 Consumer Review: Surpasses expectations.

2003 BMW Z4 - Consumer Review

2.5i Convertible (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Surpasses expectations.
By das on

2003 BMW Z4 2.5i 2dr Roadster (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

I was drawn to the Z4 because of it's bold exterior styling. I knew the engine, etc., would be everything you could expect from BMW. I found a sterling gray, with the luxury package and some other extras for 37K even. The car is a dream-- extremely responsive steering, and you're in total control with a standard transmission. The dynamic stability control has kicked in a few times, but I've never experienced the lightweight feeling in the rear wheels you find with some other convertibles. This car hugs the ground.

The interior design is very driver friendly and comfortable--an easy fit if you're not too tall. I didn't opt for the premium audio, but I still think the stereo is outstanding.

I wouldn't say it's a design flaw, but a safety guard in the roof mechanism came loose right over the passenger door, protruding into the passenger compartment when I'd had the car 6 weeks. BMW fixed it promptly.