2003 BMW 5 Series 2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - After its fifth birthday

2003 BMW 5 Series - Consumer Review

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

525i Sedan (2.5L 6-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

After its fifth birthday
By dmotzev on

2003 BMW 5 Series 525i 4dr Sedan (2.5L 6cyl 5M)

Just recently, I happened to trade in a six months old Japanese coupe for this 5 year old German saloon. What a difference! This is my first personal BMW and although it has almost 60000 miles on it, it feels tight and responsive. In fact, I test drove an E60 530i before I bought this one, but it just did not feel right. The combination of the M Sport package, the Premium package and the manual transmission creates an extremely convenient, yet amazingly looking everyday driver. Navigation is handy, but costs money to keep up-to-date. If you prefer adrenaline pumped driving, better look for a 540i/M5, but if you do not require extreme performance, you are going to love this car!

Favorite Features

The manual transmission, Xenon headlights, DSC, M Sport Package, ingenious part engineering (incredibly easy servicing of the vehicle), excellent fuel economy (for its class).

Suggested Improvements

A way to prevent the annoying pebbles from entering behind the front brakes heat shields?