130K and STILL going strong...
By pocketchange on
1999 Audi A8 quattro 4dr Sedan AWD
After two years of ownership I have no complaints. When first purchased I decided to replace or rebuild all the systems sos not to have any concerns for a few years. Having little service history I continue to think this was a positive move in spite of the moneys spent. My greatest problem was locating a clean example of an A8 (this took months) due to their limited numbers and dubious ownership. For my limited investment, I am more than pleased with this very fine example of German craftsmanship.
Favorite Features
Value.. this Audi has to be driven to be appreciated. Interior layout is logical with fit and finish that is in a class unto itself. As for performance and fuel economy, I tend to putt more than mat the throttle. Getting in trouble is a big option to keep in mind, along with the cost of premium fuel. The 4.2L V8 is a sewing machine with the pull of a locomotive. Since I've made (all) the repairs, dealing with washing the A8 is my only concern.
Suggested Improvements
Yearly cleaning of the AC drains is my only problem. Once this has has been addressed I would like to open the glove box and find a fresh $100 every day. This is a very nice ride.