Used 2006 Volvo XC90 Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used XC90 for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Florida Volvo XC90

Gerry Kirkpatrick, 10/29/2006
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

I enjoy driving this vehicle and feel extremely safe in it My only disappointment is in the gas mileage. I traded in a Tahoe in perfect condition to get rid of the 8 cylinder engine only to get less gas mileage. If I had know about the mileage I would have gone with the more powerful 8 cyl.Volvo as it had a smoother ride and more power on the road.

First Year Follow-Up

flyingman, 07/24/2007
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a follow up to my first post in Aug 06 when car was new. Just turned 10k miles and one year. Absolutely nothing has gone wrong with the car. Got a recall notice about the gas tank door and they fixed this during a routine service at 7,500 miles, but never suffered the problem. Took one long trip with 5 persons and gear. It was tight but didn't want to put anything on the roof. Added a hitch (not from the dealer!) and a great bike rack from softride. We are still loving the car. Mileage is in the 17-18 in the city and 22-23 hwy.

Not reliable at all!

Lorraine, 07/28/2007
V8 4dr SUV AWD (4.4L 8cyl 6A)

I love the ride but it has died in the middle of a busy intersection twice. It had to be towed back to the dealership and they replaced the fuel pump and we are waiting to see what they think it is this time. The driver's side beam has had to be replaced twice. The DVD system works intermittently. I thought Volvos were supposed to be dependable and safe. I have a 3 year old and I am going to have to get something else unfortunately.

First and last Volvo

kyle, 04/01/2008
2.5T 4dr SUV (2.5L 5cyl Turbo 5A)

Great car for the first couple of weeks. Then it would not accelerate. It took four trips to the dealer, and me having to drive the car for them. They had to change the fuel tank, and pump. Lots of noises and clunks, that they can't fix.