Used 2012 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews - 26 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Volkswagen Touareg Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Touareg model:

Wonderful SUV
By Brewster

2012 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love this truck and nearly everything about it. For me to keep a vehicle for more than a year or at most two is unheard of but I have had this for nearly seven years and can forsee no end any time soon. It has been perfectly reliable, it is very comfortable for daily erands as well as long trips, and its controls and electronics are entirely comprehensible unlike most of the newer cars populating todays market. I can not understand why Volkswagen has decided to discontinue this superb automobile.

Happy owner
By Pesto

2012 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My Touareg is seven years old with 86000 miles and still going strong. There have been no major repair requiremants and the car shows no significant signs of age. It is plesant and comfortable to drive and has no vices on the road. Simply said, this is a great truck...too bad VW has discontinued it as I would buy another were anything to happen to this one.

Safe in a crash
By Lori

2012 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is a high quality vehicle. It is luxurious as well as being solidly built. It is fun to drive and very comfortable. I fell in love with this car shortly after I purchased it. I was in an accident yesterday, involving 4 other cars. I received 4 total impacts but walked away requiring only 2 bandaids. The safety features were amazing. The front airbag deployed, then the side curtain airbag. The vehicle automatically shut the engine off, activated the hazard lights, and cracked the windows for my ventilation. I am very thankful for the engineers at VW that designed this car to be so safe. I have owned the car over 4 years with only minor issues that the dealership has always repaired under warranty. I called the dealership to find me another Touareg. I am sold on this vehicle.

Great suv
By samj

2012 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Lux 4dr SUV AWD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought mine used 18 months ago with 50K miles and put on about 15K miles since. Absolutely no problems outside regular maintenance and changing brakes (covered under dealer certified warranty). These are great SUVs, just wished the gas mileage was better and depreciation wasn't so high. Otherwise, I would highly recommend it over other trucks like BMW, Lexus or Benz which are all over the streets in Northern NJ suburbs. The VW hold its own fine and is much more rare!
Updated: 6/18 -- Still no issues except for a tiny door chip on the rear passenger door of less than a quarter inch that has turned into a long crack running cross the entire width of the door! I did google the problem and there are a couple of similar issues reported but dealer will not fix the problem! Other than that, so far so good.

What an SUV should be
By Daryl

2012 Volkswagen Touareg VR6 Sport 4dr SUV AWD w/Navigation (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchase a used 2012 with exactly 61K miles. I have put 28K miles in 13 months without any problems other than scheduled maintenance we love this vehicle as well as anyone who has graced it's seats I'm 6'5 and can ride in the back seat in comfortcan't say enough good things about this VW sure hope things continue to go as well. At 132,000 miles replaced alternator found a 2017 with 7700 miles played $125 and $ 50 installation great deal one other thing noted H20 coming in from passenger side replacement of cabin filter resolved the issue Everything else is great thus far. Still enjoy driving this vehicle very much