Skip to main content

Used New Beetle for Sale
Select your model:
12345...11

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example
We have a limited number of reviews for the 2010 New Beetle, so we've included reviews for other years of the New Beetle since its last redesign.

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Good car with a few problems

JIm Goekler, 09/03/2010
2009 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L 2dr Hatchback (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My wife and I purchased our 2009 VW beetle with anticipation of giving this car to our granddaughter when she turnes 16 in 2012. However a few problems changed our mind of giving this car to a begining driver. Changing Headlamp is very involved and not recommened for car owner. The procedure for this process is 8 pages long. Ground clearance is so close to the ground that 3 inches of snow ripped front skid plate from the car. The skid plate is made from very thin plastic and is not much use. I also struck a small wooden object approx. 3 inches tall while moving less than 2 mph. while parking the car along side of the road. this knocked a hole in my transmition.

5 out of 5 stars

realy is fun to drive!

dave, 11/27/2009
2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE PZEV 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

nice looking really fun to drive! great acceleration fantastic breaking wonderful power top quietest convertible i have ever been in roomy and not cramped even for a 6'2" man not much room in back seat for adult (but who cares!)

4.88 out of 5 stars

Some Folks Just Don't Understand

CZKid, 06/29/2010
2009 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

My bride wanted a convertible, and was about to graduate with a Doctorate of Ministry at 60+. we're both over 6', and we both needed a fun ride. I drove professionally for VW & Porsche in my college days while studying engineering, so I know my vehicles. If you want folks to smile when they see you, and enjoy comfort, reliability, and just plain fun while out get the convert. As a former QC puke, I can find no problems with finish nor performance. My straight laced bride goes nuts driving the car because it's so much fun. So 2 can't fit in the back, so what? So it doesn't have a huge trunk.. so what? It has everything that two old folks needed and more. Try it, you'll like it

4.88 out of 5 stars

Love my bug!

Susan, 01/17/2010
2009 Volkswagen New Beetle 2.5L 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I owned 2 bugs back in the 70's in California. Wow, has the bug changed! This car is a joy to drive. I don't feel like I am sitting lower than other cars. I also have a truck and thought that the change to a bug would leave me feeling "low!" Not the case. I put the top down and my 100 pound mutt and my 150 pound St. Bernard go for a drive. Plenty of room for us all.

1.88 out of 5 stars

Never ever going back again

notlovingmybug, 10/29/2012
2008 Volkswagen New Beetle SE 2dr Convertible (2.5L 5cyl 6A)

I consider this car a lesson learned in poor decisions. I purchased this car new in 2008 and have had numerous problems. So many in fact I'm not sure I can list much less remember them all. I will make this short (as possible) and sweet(as possible). The passenger side window motor stopped working, the radio buttons stick, the console top has broken twice, the compressor is barely working therefore I have almost zero air conditioning and the transmission is failing. Not to mention the car has an odd odor that I cannot get rid of. A light continually stays on that I was told needed a computer upgrade but the dealership never seemed to have the "disc". Too many problems to list.

12345...11