Used 2015 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

Used Golf for Sale
Select your model:
12345...7

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

2015 Used TSI S 4 DOOR W SUNROOF

VWGolfer, 03/11/2020
TSI S 4dr Hatchback w/Sunroof (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

Purchased a clean VW Golf with 61k miles in 2020. Overall pleased except for the EPC warning light which nobody able to diagnose and the gas mileage isn't up to what expected. Averages around 28 highway snd 18 city.

An Audi in Wolfsburg Clothing

emoryeagle, 09/23/2014
TSI SE 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

I needed a more fuel efficient and affordable vehicle to replace my 2 year old Mercedes GLK350. Our income was downsized and after a lot of research, I kept coming back to the Golf. I finally bit the bullet and traded for a Night Blue 2015 Golf TSI SE with standard equipment plus the bi-xenon lighting system. After just a few days with this car, I'm totally impressed with the vehicle. Driving dynamics are impressive, well equipped, fit and finish are to German standards and the gas mileage is so much better than the GLK, plus no more premium fuel! It is fun to drive, punchy turbo power, bank-vault tight and roomier than what I had. I feel like I'm driving an Audi with a 50% off coupon! (Update-Having owned it for 18 months I'm still very impressed with the Golf. I've had an occasional minor electronic glitch which has been fixed with software patch and factory tinted windows would be nice to have. Will be taking the car on its first vacation in July. Have gotten as high as 40 mpg on highway but 36 city is the norm).

4.75 out of 5 stars

Great value!

eapj, 09/15/2014
TSI Launch Edition 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 5M)

I have had a series of fun cars - SVT Focus, GTI, GLI, Cooper S. I purchased an Audi A4 as a compromise between what I wanted and what I thought I needed and really missed the relative simplicity of a VW and also missed a manual transmission. I picked up a silk blue launch edition and am in love. It is a fantastic value! If you want to shift your own gears and don't mind two doors, this is by far the best deal in the 2015 Golf line.

3.5 out of 5 stars

Just got it

toyota420xp, 09/14/2014
TSI S 2dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

It has plenty of power well more than I need. I had a corolla before. Good mpg. Don't know how accurate computer mpg readout is but my mpg is always higher than EPA. Slightly slow from take off on really low rpm but then it's great on power. Base speakers not fender are really good. Small car but I'm fat and 5ft 11 and I can sit in the back,or front easily. I live in bumpy road vermont and ride is compliant. Corners we'll. looks way better than mk6 golf. Price is now affordable. Compared to toyota products everything you touch feels sturdy. All the bins are lined to stop rattles hood is lined has a strut to hold it up not a cheap metal rod. Reliabilty is left to be said. Seats are firm.

Perfect Alternative to the Average Economy Car

Sean K, 09/26/2016
TSI S 4dr Hatchback (1.8L 4cyl Turbo 6A)

This car has been a pleasure to own so far. I purchased it in August 2014 and have already put on 61,000 miles. After test driving many vehicles I was thoroughly impressed with the ride quality and overall build quality of the Golf. For just over $20,000, the base S trim comes very well equipped. I have taken this car on several road trips, and each time I'm pleasantly surprised by how comfortable the car is on long trips. The 1.8 TSI is a very peppy engine for a vehicle in this class, and although the EPA rating is 36 mpg, I can quite easily get 38-40mpg, if I'm not driving too aggressively. The car gives a sophisticated, quiet ride that many midsize cars can't even match. The only issue I've encountered was the suspension squeaking, which was quickly taken care of under warranty. Overall I'm very impressed by this car, and plan on sticking with VW for quite a while.

12345...7