Used 2000 Volkswagen Golf Consumer Reviews

Used Golf for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...15

Pros
Cons
4 out of 5 stars

Problems

Patty, 06/26/2002
GLS TDi 4dr Hatchback

I really like the TDI golf, but I have had many problems with the car. It is the first car that I ever purchased new. All 4 tires went bad at 12,000. The brakes went bad at 25000. A window fell down in the door and the door has never been able to open correctly. The engine light is on now, dealer says it needs a new relay ($250). I wonder whats next!

3.63 out of 5 stars

Brokenwagen

Unhappy driver, 08/31/2003
GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Hatchback

I purchased my VW new and have had numerous problems with it. Since the warranty expired, the problems have continued. Check engine light is always on; rear hatch relay went bad; overhead light completely broken; dash lights out. And now the car hesitates and will sometimes lose power, going into a "limp mode" (EPC light comes on). Service cannot diagnose or replicate the problem. The company is not addressing the pattern of unreliability with the consumers. As much as I like VW performance and styling, I would not buy another one and I advise others to avoid them.

Great Little Car

Lynn, Basking Ridge, 04/05/2002
GLS 1.8T Turbo 4dr Hatchback

This is car clearly the best one I've ever owned (even better than my BMW). It's pickup is awesome for a four- cylinder car. The instrumentation is easy to read and the interior is VERY roomy. The Monsoon audio is acoustically pleasing. Great German handling and solid construction.

TDI GLS 5 speed

jamesroberts, 04/13/2002
GLS TDi 4dr Hatchback

Ride and build quality is fantastic. Feel much like a european car that is $10,000 more.

I'm Hooked on my Golf

Glenn Scott, 08/04/2008
GLS 4dr Hatchback

Always been a Toyota Junkie, not any more. I bought it with 130K on it and in two weeks I put on about 1800 miles. Its a really fun car to drive the Ergonomics are perfect for me and its a great handling car on the back roads of NH. No problems, I got it with new brakes and new rubber. Green with tan and black interior, great combination. I have no complaints at this point. Added a half a quart of oil at 2200 miles. That's pretty good for me. I run my Toyotas up to 250 / 280K. Lets see what the VW can do.

12345...15