Used 2000 Volkswagen Cabrio Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used Cabrio for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

Love it!!!

lilauggie4, 03/18/2011
GLS 2dr Convertible

I don't understand why people are writing such terrible reviews, you clearly didn't get the car checked before buying it. My 2000 Cabrio is a beautiful car. It runs well, looks nice, I haven't had any problems yet. And i've had it for 5 months. It has a little over 109k miles. You guys just need to take better care of your car!! (It's not a manual though, i'm confused why I can't choose automatic.)

decent quality and great mileage

boatbum, 04/21/2009
GLS 2dr Convertible

Frankly I am a bit stumped by some of the other reviews. This little car is pretty sound and easy to maintain. Granted, if you try to take it to a shop that is now VW savvy, you might end up with a major headache. I recently replaced the waterpump - got quotes from $475 with timing belt replacement to $1400 for just the waterpump. Same with the brakes - Midas quoted $1200 but I got them done at a small local German imports shop for $250. Do your maintenance and the car is fine. It is fun to drive, fits me easily (I am 6'5) and it gets great gas mileage. I have owned alot of convertibles and this one is very practical and dependable if you maintain it.

Love my Cabrio!

Nivi, 05/06/2004
GLS 2dr Convertible

This car is FUN! Although I don't really feel it lacks horsepower (has 115), if you're looking for something that goes from 0-60 in a sec, this isn't for you. It's surprisingly roomy and comfy inside and 2 young kids or petite adults can easily fit in the back seats. Back seats go down and trunk is a good size for a convertible - the car passed my COSTCO test! Has ABS and also has a Roll bar on top for safety. Gives me great mileage too- 27MPG. AND it takes REGULAR unleaded gas. That saves me a lot and is a big deal. Very good resale value. Car is no noisier than a Honda Civic when top is on. A fun, yet PRACTICAL and economical convertible!

best car ever

cabriogal71, 06/15/2015
GL 2dr Convertible

I have had many cars, but my 2000 VW Cabrio, which I have owned since August of 2000, is by far the best. I bought it new, and it has over 130,000 miles on it. It still has a lot of get up and go. We have made sure it gets the suggested preventative maintenance when due. I hope to keep it forever.

Disappointed with overall quality

Eddie Serna, 06/09/2006
GLS 2dr Convertible

We purchased our VW Cabrio GLS new because of its styling and our impression that VW makes quality vehicles. I must admit that the car was involved in a rear-ender in which the front end of the VW took a good smack, but fortunately, it was all cosmetic. My wife is the main driver (and I play the mechanic) and loved her car for the first two years. Then glued on interior parts started coming off. At about 45,000 we lost the speedo and tach gauge ($900 to replace, can't be fixed). The convertible top no longer works ($810 for the motor), the power steering leaks badly, the engine sprays oil all over, and this car has been babied, TLC'd, and garaged. $26,000 and you still get a stamped steel valve cover.