Used 2019 Volkswagen Arteon Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Arteon for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Great Looking & a Pleasure to Drive

Dan G, 08/10/2019
SE R-Line 4dr Hatchback w/20" Wheels (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My 2019 Manganese Gray Arteon SE R-Line is not only a good looking sedan but an overall pleasure to drive. The MSRP is a little steep on this car but you should be able to get a good price with a little effort making this a bargain for the quality and features that comes with this car. The engine is more than powerful enough to meet your everyday needs and effortlessly accelerates when needed. I was originally worried about driving on the 20” Rosario wheels but the suspension and multi-mode DCC adaptive chassis control make for a smooth drive unlike any of my previous cars. In addition, I have not experienced any Turbo lag as noted by a few professional reviewers who stomp on the gas expecting once again the performance of a VW Golf R - the Arteon is a GT not a Sports car. I was also impressed by how well the stock sound system performed, ease of use of the infotainment system, and all the space available in both the front and back seats along with the in creditable 27+ sf of rear cargo area available due to the Arteon being a Hatch/Liftback – who needs to drive a compact SUV when you have that much space in a great looking sedan. I am extremely happy with my purchase and once again have a smile on my face being in a car that is a true pleasure to drive.

Fabulous car

Jff, 05/18/2020
SE 4MOTION 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

I find the value quotient of this car to be compelling (albeit at the highly discounted price I paid). Many small things are provided on this low trim level. A rear seat ski pass through, power emergency brake, sun glass cubby, angled easy insert seat belts, exact read tire pressure monitor, oil temperature gauge, covered cup holders, and automatic air recirculating are all nice touches. The car is gorgeous! It handles well with excellent steering. Ride quality equals the Audi A6’s I have had. The hatchback design creates a huge and versatile cargo area. The blind spot warning indicator in the mirror is the biggest and most noticeable I’ve come across. no need to pay for a Navi with apple CarPlay. Gas mileage is better than expected, beats EPA figures, and is over 30 on the highway. What’s not to like: could be a little quicker/sportier, could have larger glove box and cabin storage, could have higher level plastics if you are a car plastic connoisseur.

Love it

First VW, 11/02/2019
SEL Premium R-Line 4MOTION 4dr Hatchback AWD w/19" Wheels (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Just bought mine a week ago. Switched from an SUV. The digital display is beautiful, and the car handles great. Tight cornering, and the drive modes actually change the experience. Style is unique. Fun to drive, like it way better than the Accord. I can even fit 8' pieces of trim from the hardware store. Buy the SEL Premium w/OUT the R-Line. Save a ton, get better wheels, and only give up HUD. Only complaint - premium fuel and poor-ish fuel economy.

3 out of 5 stars

SEL Premium - Excellent Value

Saltydogmarsh, 03/12/2020
SEL Premium 4MOTION 4dr Hatchback AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My soon-to-be-wife convinced me that I needed a nice car for work. I’ve driven Porsche sedans and coupes, and had a Mercedes C class in the driveway before. People tend to make snap judgments over having a luxury car in the parking spot. But, no one wants to see their boss in a crap car. For me, this car fit a perfect niche. Excellent style and handling and unpretentious branding from VW. I am absolutely loving this car. It handles like an Audi car and deserves luxury car credit.

Arteon-a piece of art

VW Fan, 03/22/2020
SEL R-Line 4MOTION 4dr Hatchback AWD w/19" Wheels (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

If you are intrigued, don’t wait. This car is fantastic. It’s everything I have been hoping would return to VW. Comparing to Passat (I have only driven Passats since the 90’s except for my Phaeton), the Arteon is more upscale and has a lot more options. The critics are wrong about this car! I’m glad to see the Arteon is bringing back some of the things that I have missed in the Passats as they were being Americanized, The Arteon is by far the best VW since the Phaeton left in 2006 ( I still have mine). I think the Arteon must be VW’s answer to bringing back the Phaeton. The Arteon is a better alternative than its Audi counterpart. The reviews on the 4 cylinder engine have been mixed but it is perfect for everyday driving and provides enough ooomph to satisfy the average driver. Also the MSRP reviews are mixed but I was able to secure one with 10% off and 0% financing so I was happy. The warranty is unmatched. You can’t compare this car to an Accord or Camry or Stinger. Just not in the same class. This car has a class of its own (that’s what I used to say about the Passats from 2000-2006). Fantastic drive and ride and it’s a looker for sure. I test drove it three times before I bought....glad I did.