Skip to main content
$40,300

Compare dealer price quotes
Select your model:

Pros
Cons
5 out of 5 stars

Much better than expected

Len, 05/08/2022
XSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric plug-in hybrid CVT)

Traded in 2019 RAV4 hybrid Limited for 2022 XSE Prime a few months ago and immediately was impressed. Much better than expected. Immediately I noticed a ton of improvements. My old 2019 RAV 4 was an excellent vehicle with a few annoyances for example brake pedal was clicking each time your press it and dealer told me that it was normal. Entertainment screen would often freeze and than reboot, 360 cameras sometimes would refuse to turn on, most of the buttons would lack an illumination, tires were super slippery in rain and snow to the point that it was hazardous to drive unless I moved super slow, also passengers seat was manual. Very loud engine and road noise would be so annoying. All of this shortcomings were addressed in 2022 Prime plus much more features were added like better integration with Toyota app, real time tire pressure information in the car display and on the app, 110 AC outlet in the trunk fast charging USB C everywhere etc. The driving experience of 2022 Prime reminds me of my 2013 Mercedes ML 350, it feels heavier than Hybrid models which is not a bad thing. Wider better quality tires make driving pleasant and they grip the road much better. I love quet ride, great acceleration and an exterior looks more premium. As far as fuel economy I get up to 57.5 miles on a single charge in all electric mode, of course to get that range a climate control must be off and the outside temperature shouldn't be less than 45 degrees, also I was diving no faster than 55 miles an hour with slow smooth acceleration. Otherwise I get between 36 and 42 miles on all electric mode. I love the fact that you can charge the battery while you drive and it charges it pretty fast. I am very happy with my RAV 4 Prime XSE despite a few imperfections and I have a wish list for Toyota to consider. Lets start. 1. High beams are not that great. Weak and aiming too low. 2. Adaptive lights are not working. I can't see them moving in any direction under any condition. 3. Premium JBL sound system doesn't sound Premium it all. 4. Entertainment screen could be higher resolution and so the cameras. Cameras are really not that sharp. 5. The steering wheel is a bit more disconnected than on my 2019 Hybrid 6. I would prefer a bit larger fonts on information display where the speedometer is. I can barely see the time, my trip odometer, range info etc. 7. Alexa is not working, multimedia apps are finicky, navigational system always chooses the worst route and "getting the directions from the cloud" feature sometimes freeze up navigation. (I use Google on my phone so I don't care about it that much) 8. Beautiful heads up display but I wish it would have more adjustments so I can turn it a bit clockwise to make it perfectly aligned with the road and horizon. 9. One pedal driving would be very nice All these imperfections doesn't bother me at all for most people it shouldn't be a deal breaker. I'm very happy with RAV4 Prime, it is ahead of many competitors and for the price you get a lot of options, quality and reliability. That's why I am giving 2022 RAV4 Prime 5 stars.

3 out of 5 stars

So far so good !

Joe, 03/18/2022
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is our second RAV4 Hybrid but this one is a Prime. Very very quick and smooth. Luxury car ride and I’m talking frost heaves here. I can charge it at home and work and not use any gas all week.

Top pick for a fuel efficient AWD SUV

Alster, 04/30/2022
updated 07/12/2022
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric plug-in hybrid CVT)

My wife and I purchased our new 2022 RAV 4 Prime model SE on March 7 th this year. We put nearly 2200 miles on it so far and only put in 14 gallons of gas. This is my wife's car and her commute is anywhere from 32-36 miles round trip. She drives her commute on 100 % electric and when she returns home she normally has anywhere from 2-10 miles of electric range left, depending on weather conditions and if she makes any small trips out of her normal commute. We have a level 2 charger in which it takes on 4.5 hours to fully charge from an empty battery. Now when running just on the gas motor once the battery is depleted MPG is anywhere from 38 MPG to 40+ mpg. The other day I drove 130 mile roundtrip down the coast of Oregon from via Highway 101 from the Astoria / Seaside Oregon area. I used 49 miles of electric range and when the gas motor kicked in when the battery was depleted I quickly reset the gauge to display MPG. When I returned home the dash MPG displayed 49.5 MPG. for those 80 miles or so. Speeds where 25-55 MPH as Hwy 101 goes through several small towns. Weather was fair with temps in the mid 50's or so. There is no SUV Plugin All Wheel Drive vehicle that weighs close to 4,500 lbs that is this efficient.

Happy RAV4 Prime owner

Bob from CT, 06/12/2022
SE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric plug-in hybrid CVT)

The vehicle is all I hoped it would be and more. The ride is smooth and comfortable. I have 550 miles on the odometer and have yet purchased gas as I have only used a quarter of a tank so far. The vehicle feels solid and is quiet even when it switches over to gas operation. Most of the mileage has been on the battery as I obtain 44-48 miles on battery before it needs to be recharged which I do overnight. I am very pleased with the vehicle.

5 out of 5 stars

Picked it up just in time!

Kim W., 03/15/2022
XSE 4dr SUV AWD (2.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I picked up my RAV4 prime XSE in silver, just before gas prices started to skyrocket, it’s currently $4.35 for the gallon in my area.. I’m so glad that I bought it, And the week before, I just had my solar electricity on my house activated, so it’s costing me pennies to charge the vehicle. In pure EV mode I’m getting about 39 miles before I have to recharge, HV mode I’m averaging between 70 and 80 miles to the gallon. I can’t wait to take a road trip when the weather gets better, and have the flexibility of using EV, or hybrid mode in my travels. Way to go Toyota!