Used 2015 Toyota Corolla Consumer Reviews

Used Corolla for Sale
Select your model:
12345...13

Pros
Cons

Good Value Option

jvg27, 03/06/2015
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

Update: I got rid of the Corolla after about 6 months. I loved the gas mileage and features for the price, but I absolutely hated the way it handled. I never felt like it could hold a straight line on the highway, and day to day cornering or straight line stability was just poor. I had a 95' Corolla I loved, in comparison this felt too big, too cheap, and the handling was poor. I had come from the VW brand and I returned to it as quickly as possible without looking back. The good: The Corolla LE provides a great value. There are a ton of high-end features that make it comfortable and economical. The car rides smoothly and I have averaged 33 MPG in mostly city driving. Overall, a great ride so far. The "other": I find there are quite a few major blind spots. In addition, the steering wheel does not travel far enough forward. The armrest is either too small, or too low, or just a poor design because I can't get comfortable on it. Lastly, and most concerning, I find that the car wonders. My previous Jetta tracked straight as an arrow. This car will just wonder off without warning. I really don't care for that aspect of the driving character.

Headlights are a disaster

Annie, 12/13/2015
LE Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I always thought that the Corolla was the best for reliability. It probably still is. Safety, on the other hand is now questionable. Problem is, where I live we have hills and a lot of deer. Who ever designed the headlights for this car did NOT do their homework. On low beam, which is led, the headlight lens has a sort of a black plastic "eyelid" over the top of the lens, so that when you go down a hill, the lens cuts off your sight lines to only about 50 feet ahead. It is so disconcerting that beyond that 50 feet, it is absolute blackness. It is like a solid black curtain that drops down. There is no way to see if anyone or anything is approaching from the ditch onto the highway. You absolutely have no idea what's ahead, it's like driving blindly. When you put the headlights on bright, a halogen lens will kick in and you will have a little better sight line which gradually fade away. If I had test driven this car at night, there is absolutely no way that I would have ever bought this car, and the previous Corolla that we had was one of our favorites, that along with the Camry that we had. These headlights should be recalled. They are dangerous.

Fun Little Commuter

Brian K. McMillian, 08/11/2015
S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 6M)

I bought this has a second vehicle for myself with the plan it would be passed onto my 11 year old when she turns 16. My main vehicle is a Toyota FJ Cruiser, but due to having to constantly drive the kids literally hundreds of miles a week for activities, I was putting too many miles on a vehicle I want to keep forever and one that cannot be replaced since they quit making them. Anyway, I shopped all around for vehicles in the Corolla's size category, but I just couldn't find one that matched Toyota's quality. I did own a 2008 Honda Civic Si for a short period, which looks very similar to this vehicle, but this Corolla is so much nicer and solid feeling than that Civic. I am very impressed with the ride, which is about as good as one can expect with the thinner tires on 17" wheels. The styling of this vehicle is very eye-catching, especially from the front. Acceleration is not going to win you any drag races, especially with the Continuously Variable Transmission, but after a short lag at first it will get up an go pretty good and I do not feel under powered on the interstate. Driving around town and doing a nice slow acceleration, you will not even feel a shift...it is so smooth! My favorite feature is the headlights. The S-Plus model came with LED lights for the low beam and they literally broadcast a intense wedge of light that totally wraps around the front of the vehicle. It almost looks like daylight! I need to get these for the FJ! I only have 450 miles on it thus far, but I am very happy with this purchase!

Great Value

Charles Thomas, 03/25/2015
S Plus 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

I cross shopped the Corolla, Ford Focus, Mazda3 and Honda Civic. With incentives, the Corolla was the best value in a fully loaded compact. This is my eighth Toyota or Lexus product and the previous seven have been bullet proof mechanically.

Great car!

CJ Lewis, 12/12/2015
LE 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl CVT)

This is my second Corolla that I've owned, my first was a 2011 LE Corolla. There are many improvements over the last generation car, but none bigger than the new CVT transmission they switched to. CVT transmissions aremt known for their power or insane amount of performance, but it has the right amount of kick to get you where you're going. For a small 4-cylinder with no added turbo, this car is quick and zippy; but don't expect track performance of any kind. My last gen Corolla had a glitch with its transmission that would cause it to hesitate around 45-55 mph; luckily the new transmission gives no such problems and runs like a dream. The style of the car has also been revamped in this new generation, and it has given the car a tad more muscle while also keeping its femininity as well. The interior is also improved in this generation, with the material being more stain resistant and sturdy. The new gen also has an increased wheel base from front to back giving back seat drivers a little more leg room to work with. Even the tallest of guests will find comfort in the back seat, and for its size; there is none better. The steering is more tight than in previous generations and the car does have improved handling and grip. The addition of automatic climate control is very nice, but most cars at this price range offer dual climate control, and this car does not. The Bluetooth works the best it ever has and Toyota has improved their sound systems that come with their base models. Overall, the new Corolla is better than its predecessor; but it can still be improved. You won't find a more reliable car at this price, nor will you get the support Toyota has behind this vehicle. It's definitely a car you can be proud to own.

12345...13