Used 2002 Suzuki Vitara Consumer Reviews

2002 Suzuki Vitara

Pros
Cons

3 to 5 days for parts

suzuki gone wild, 02/28/2009

hi there, i been driving my Vitara for 7 years now the truck just hit 200k miles and its starting to see some oil leaks on the engine and lets get to my point .... everytime something brakes i have to find a suzuki dealer for parts and it takes 3-5 days to get parts.1st thing to go was the alt and i had to get one at a autozone 3 hours away and needed it. was on a sunday and i needed to get to work on monday.road trip.the rear passanger side alxe bearings went out...the alxe almost come out!!!! the brakes failed..if you want a car that takes 3- 5 days to fix buy one

My Third One

WOldaker, 07/04/2003

This is the 3rd 4wd Suzuki I have owned. irst was a Samauri,then Side Kick. and the last one the Vitara. After owning the "dangerous" Samuari :=) I knew I would probabably never drive anther brand though would opt for more comforts. It was time for my wife to get a new vehicle so she ended up with the Vitara. My Sidekick only has 170000 miles and is not ready to go yet. My wife teaches at 2 colleges 50+ miles from each other and I wanted to have a reliable, durable and safe vehicle for her in any weather or situation. That sums up the Suzuki Vitara.

Great value

joenalley72, 07/12/2002

This vehicle has alot of get up ang go for a 4 cyclinder. The ride is really good to. For the money i think i made the right choice. The 4 wheel drive will be nice in the winter.

A Genuine Mini 4-Wheeler

Army Veteran, 07/29/2002

The vehicle has been a pleasant surprise in comparison with the Jeep Wrangler. Unlike some competitors it has a 4WD Hi/4WD Lo transfer case, and is based on a true "truck" body. It has less than half the turning radius of a Jeep Wrangler. The rack-and-pinion steering has a more precise feel. I also got the advertised 25 mpg mileage, which is 40% better than the Jeep. The torquy 16-valve DOHC 2 liter four breathes freely at top end. Too bad Jeep doesn't make this little 4-wheeler!

SUV wannabe, well worth the title

Jonny Matrix, 10/08/2002

I was very skeptical about this vehicle at first. I am a frequent traveller, and being in the military, it's understandable that a vehicle with storage capacity's needed. Having had an Isuzu Rodeo with a 4 cyl engine, I experienced that the vehicle was too heavy for its engine. I also needed something with a decent fuel economy. Having have had a brand new Vitara for about a month now, and putting on 2800 miles, it's proven to me more than worthy. It is definitely one good way to start in an SUV, and I should have done so sooner.