Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:
12345...9

Pros
Cons

90,000 mile update - Tranny Problem

Fandango, 04/10/2010

At about 75,000 miles, I began to notice a whine/rattle in the manual transmission and, when it kept getting louder, took it in to the dealer a few thousand miles later. It turned out to be a pitted output shaft bearing. The repair cost about $1200 but was fortunately covered by the extended warranty, which, with a road hazard tire replacement earlier, has now paid off about what I paid for it. So far, the transmission bearing has been the only mechanical problem. After 90,000 miles, I still love to drive this car. It's just fun. It still reminds me of a British sports car in its simplicity. Now consistently getting 28-30 mpg highway mileage.

Solid, sensible fun

Ellen, 10/22/2006

I've owned it for all of 72 hours but it's my favorite Subaru ever (this is our third). It's nimble and surefooted in traffic, with impressive acceleration (I traded in a '98 Acura Integra so I know from fast). The interior, with its two-tone color scheme and silvery center dash panel, is much nicer than the dowdy plastic dullness of earlier Imprezas. The audio system that comes with the Special Edition Package is fabulous--though the satellite ratio sampler features a limited, boring selection. If you love the maneuverability of a small car but hate that vulnerable feeling you get from driving a teensy, tinny compact, put this on your short list.

A step up

bschuetz, 12/14/2006

The 2007 Subaru Impreza is definitely an improvement over the 2001 Subaru Impreza I traded. Less body roll, more responsive steering, nicer interior. The transmission feels a bit more refined, and it actually has a synchro for first gear (2001 didn't). The clutch is more forgiving than the 2001, I can shift smoother. The engine sounds and feels more refined as well. And this thing is a blast to drive. Once you're on boost, this thing really goes. I have no regrets with my decision.

190,000 Mile Update

fandango, 10/04/2013

I've had this car since new -- almost 7 years now. Repairs included replacement of a bad transmission bearing (covered by extended warranty) and a leaking head gasket. Otherwise it has needed only routine things like a battery, brake pads and struts (at 150,000 miles). It burns some oil. For quite some time, I have had to add a quart between oil changes. Otherwise it still handles very well and looks good, inside and out, despite frequent trips on dirt roads, including some pretty rough and steep 4WD roads. I still really enjoy driving this car, especially when the roads are twisty, and am glad I bought it.

Great car for the money!

Martin, 09/20/2006

I bought a TR in June and have 4000 miles so far. This car is great! I installed STP cat back, K&N Intake, HKS up pipe and intercooler. I purchased this car for $21,700 with rear spoiler and there was nothing even comparable to WRX on the market for this kind a money with this kind a performance. I love it, I really do. Handling is amazing. Best choice in its class.

Sturdy Build and a Fun to drive

Scubado, 02/01/2010

No issues whatsoever since purchase. Ride or Slide this car and it is always ready for more.The AWD does it job and it is especially evident after driving other FWD cars in its class. The real kick comes beyond 3500 rpm when the boxer starts to scream. The mechanical build more than makes up for the bare minimum interior. Getting an avg 22-24mpg 50%city 50% hwy.

A great little car!

hepsuba, 05/01/2013

This is my 7th Subaru. My oldest was a 1978 and my newest was a 2009, from little 4WD wagons to Outbacks. This is my second Impreza (previous one was a '98). I have to say, of all the Subarus I've owned, this one may be my favorite. I love it's simplicity and its great handling, power, and design. It's what I call very "point and shoot" -the car goes where you want it to when you want it to. Visibility and responsiveness are wonderful. The cabin is simple yet has everything you need. And as others have commented, it's the last of the truly good looking Impreza's. The small size is great - park it wherever you want, squeeze into traffic, no problem. A great little car.

It Imprezzed Me

alexander323, 12/12/2010

I just bought a used version of the vehicle with only 12,000 miles on it. I really like its fuel efficiency and AWD capability. This car has better gas mileage than my old Jeep Grand Cherokee and has a reputation of being more reliable. The Impreza can do most everything my Jeep can do just in a more compact lighter size.

Most Fun for the Money

Fandango, 01/27/2007

This car reminds me of an English sports car in the sense that it's a driver's car first. Performance and handling are near perfect, while creature comforts and amenities are less so. But that's OK. I'll trade overhead caddies, fancy cupholders, extra auxiliary power outlets, MP3 hookups, a premium sound system and even a little seat comfort for a thrill ride through canyon twisties any day, and that's what this little car delivers in spades, holding the road like a cat. It's about the most fun you can get in a new sport sedan for about $18,000. And yes, the 2.5 liter non-turbo engine produces plenty of smooth power and great torque for spirited driving in the old sports car tradition.

Still Fun, After All These Miles

Fandango, 10/28/2007

This is a 20,000-mile update after driving the car daily for nine months. No mechanical problems to report. It's still the most fun for the money. I like the simple, traditional interior design and layout. A word to those on a budget. This car comes with highly rated, very expensive tires, and if you damage one, you may have to replace the whole set to avoid damaging the AWD.

12345...9