Used 2007 Subaru Impreza Consumer Reviews

$4,750

Used Impreza for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Lemon! Don’t waste your money

Megan, 08/26/2018
Outback Sport 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

This is the worst car I’ve ever owned. I bought it used and was excited to have a small AWD manual transmission vehicle. What a disappointment this car has been! I replaced the engine just under 3 years ago and now the new engine is no longer functioning. This happened a week after I got the oil changed and was very consistent with synthetic oil changes since putting in the new engine. I’ve also replaced the timing belt, clutch, brakes, and blower for the heat, which was not an inexpensive fix. The trunk doesn’t stay open, the speaker only plays on one side and the A/C is busted. I’ve also changed the headlights more frequently than I have on any other car I’ve owned. What a lemon! So long Subaru, I’m going back to Toyota.

horrible car, don't buy

D, 05/09/2007

Bought this new in 2007 from a dealer with 30 miles on the odometer. Now it has 4,300. Horrible car. Small, uncomfortable, cheap looking. Interior vibrates in all places possible (started to do so when I drove it off the lot). Biggest problem: engine shakes ridiculously when idling. Dealer said it was "normal." Yeah right, it makes my passengers dizzy. Don't invest in this car, you will not be happy. There are many other problems to list: slow manual transmission, very rough ride, noisy tires, horrible aerodynamics, unbelievably cheap stereo, speakers crackle.

Lovin The Suby!

Waldorf 2008, 07/05/2008

My husband purchased this car and it has now become his primary work car. I don't think that it is possible to hurt a Suby! It is so well built I have also been informed that I am not allowed to purchase anything but a Subaru for the rest of my life! If you are considering buying one do ti!

19000 mile and 13 month update

45 year old kid, 08/23/2008

This car has been very good. This is my 4th Subaru. Living in the North east makes AWD that much more important. It is good in the snow but not as good at the Legacy sedan or Outback. I think it is the performance tires. If I ride it hard, I get 25 MPG. If I act like an adult I can get 27.5 MPG. My commute is 25 miles (1/2 highway) one way. I have had no issues to speak of. I actually have gotten 70K + miles on each of my Subarus before I have any kind of repairs >$500 (excluding maintenance of course) The WRX is a great car. I like driving our Outback sometimes for a break, but it has been a year and I still smile when I leave work and see it in the parking lot!

Fun, Affordable, Versitility All in One

Nick, 09/01/2008

I love my 2007 Impreza 2.5i Wagon with the 5 speed. It is a blast to drive. With 60 plus cu. ft. of cargo space and all wheel drive standard it was a smart choice.

Solid car - needs more power

John Grubenhoff, 02/03/2009

I live in Colorado and do a lot of mountain driving in the snow. There was nowhere I couldn't get to in the Impreza wagon. Even with all season radials, I had better handling in snow and ice than many vehicles with snow tires. The ride is smooth and acceleration is adequate most of the time. The 4 speed auto lacks power when climbing steeper mountain hills and downshifts too frequently to maintain speed. Flat land driving is excellent. The handling in all conditions exceeds any car I've driven before (86 Sentra, 90 Accord, 93 Infiniti G, 96 Infiniti G and 03 Altima). Overall this car offers a good mix of performance and mpg. If you're looking for true sport handling, get the WRX.

Vette Eater.

Cobo, 04/13/2009

A monster on the streets. This car is a blast to drive. Great power from the 4k to 7k RPM range. Put a few upgrades on the car. (Downpipe, Cat-back, ECU) And what a difference it makes. Great in the Michigan winters. The only downside with the car is a slight problem with the battery wanting to die, and slight rattles in the winter. Overall a 10+.

Totally awesome

OSHVEGAS, 01/06/2008

I bought the last STI LTD avaialble. I had to fly out to Oregon and drive this beast back. It was one incredible trip. This last month I tried it out in the winter with new winter tires. Grip is incredible. No problem in the winter. Many compliments on its looks and performance. This is my third new all wheel drive car and they keep getting better. Eagle Talon Tsi and two Subies.

Great car

Donald Smith, 01/22/2008

I've put almost 10,000 miles on my special edition Impreza and have loved every mile. Great in snow covered, wet and dry road conditions. I spent over a year deciding which car to buy and I'm glad I chose the Subaru.

A true enthusiasts car!

dheyde, 01/22/2008

This is my second Impreza WRX STI, and third Impreza. It is an amazing automobile at a very reasonable price. Performance is outstanding, especially after you make the move to Cobb "stage 2". The car is extremely reliable and is built for the long haul. The car is great in the twisties and the torque available powers you out of corners effortlessly. Comfort isnt at the top of the list, so if you are looking for something cushy, you may want to opt for a Legacy GT or a Premium Luxury brand car. I have owned five Subarus, and I always seem to come back to them when its time to purchase a new car. They are a true drivers car that perform at the same level as much more expensive cars.

Wolf in sheeps clothing

Cody, 11/07/2006

I love this car! All the speed and performance of the Sti, but the looks of a sleeper car. I hear all the time, "that's a sweet car." It is so much fun to drive I find myself taking the long way just to spend more time behind the wheel. Number 105/800 and the first one in the state of South Carolina.

I love my first brand new car

Subenut87, 02/11/2007

Get the manual transmission to get the best performance and the most fun. I really recommend this product. This is my second Subaru, my first one was a 93 Legacy without AWD.

Amazing value, amazing car!

fawiek, 04/28/2007

My first Subaru and what a car it is! This car's performance is exceptional. I find myself taking corners at above average speeds, just because I can. :) The AWD system speaks for itself. It's a must have as I face Canadian winters ahead of me. I love the styling of the car, which is emphasized with the optional spoiler. The acceleration with the 2.5i (non turbo) is fair. It would not kick back your head like the WRX but at the same time your insurance bill wouldn't be off the chains either. Overall, it's the best car I've ever owned and I will continue to buy Subarus as long as those fine folks continue to make them.

New to Subaru

Steve, 05/18/2007

This is my first new car. In the past I have owned Hondas, and up until a few weeks ago, I thought I would still own a Honda, but after driving the 07 WRX, I was hooked. The performance is THE best for the price, I love the interior and the seats, the steering is crisp, the transmission is smooth, the brakes are awesome, I'm getting better mileage than I thought with a turbo, 25-26 mpg, especially considering the way I have been driving it, and I can't get the grin off my face everytime I think about getting back in it. I am new to Subaru, and Honda set the bar high since that is all I have owned in the past 10 years. All I can say is, I am extremely pleased with my purchase.

Best Handling on the Road

Alias, 06/16/2007

I work valet, so I've driven pretty much anything out there. For my money, the WRX TR was still a good deal at $23k. While the interior is pretty bare (the TR model is lacking since they figure you're going to modify), you've got 230 horses pushing symmetrical AWD, with a low turbo point of just under 3000 rpm. This car sticks to the road like no other, and fast turns are almost a must. If you've got the cash, the STI has a lot of great upgrades, but if you're on a budget the TR model is a great place to start, with the potential for you to have your way with it. This car will turn heads, and leave plenty of others in the dust.

Too quick to judge the first time around

Gene, 08/13/2007

I have owned my 07 sti limited for over 3 months now. As every day passes I fall in love with her more. It simply amazes me that a 4 cylinder engine can produce this much power. The exhaust note is amazing, braking is awesome and handling is even better. The first week I had my car I had a throttle response issue which is now fixed. There isn't a car on the road that you will back down to when you are behind the wheel of an Sti. They literally pin you to your seat. Off the line they are one of the quickest production cars built in the world. If you are looking for a fun car to drive look no further than the STI!! Simply amazing for the price! Bye bye Porsche. :)

Sweet ride!

luvmysti, 09/17/2007

Have only had this car for about six weeks as of this post and I love this car! I'm still in the dealer recommended break-in period (stay under 4K RPM first 1K miles, on mile 800 now) and I can tell this car is begging to be unleashed! Handles like a dream, looks great, and sounds great (dealer installed SPT cold air intake and cat-back exhaust, boost gauge and short throw shifter). I marked comfort down a bit because well, it's a rough ride, but duh! I marked fuel economy down b/c I'm getting about 20 MPG (not doing highways yet). Performance and fun to drive I put at 9. Once break-in is done, I know it'll be 10! All-in-all, this car is pure fun to drive!

First Subaru Purchase

Outbackbeliever, 10/10/2007

Well after putting 3000 miles on in one month of ownership, here's my initial opinion. Car has been really fun to drive, decent power and good fuel economy (avg 29 in mostly hwy with the AC). AC does take a bit of power away, but hey, it's a 4cyl engine. Overall I'm happy.

Amazing Car

FJM, 06/17/2007

Couldn't be happier! This car is so much fun to drive. Awesome cargo capabilities to boot.

Great family car

BCSubie, 06/15/2007

After nearly purchasing a Tribeca, we opted for the smaller better looking Impreza. Initially I was concerned about the smaller size of the Impreza compared to the Tribeca. Within the first couple weeks it was obvious the Impreza has plenty of seating and storage room, making us wonder why we almost bought a 7-passenger Tribeca. The car handles great, like you're stuck to the road regardless of road conditions. Power is better than expected which has made it very fun to drive. Interior isn't fancy but is well assembled and clean. Exterior has drawn lots of positive feedback. With a cargo box, bike racks and ski racks the car is extremely versatile. Great family car.

2.5 Special Edition Impreza

elosiga, 07/09/2007

My 2007 Subaru Impreza 2.5i Special Edition in Newport blue gets a lot of compliments. It came standard with a 6 CD/MP3, sunroof, iPod connectivity, power everything, and climate control. Very happy overall, but looking back in hindsight, should have bought the WRX Limited Edition.

A Blast to Drive

m1ck, 07/13/2007

Driving experience from behind the wheel exceeds expectations for a compact. Power more than adequate for city driving. First gear is short - takes off quick. Manual transmission is crisp. Handling and traction are superb - sticks to the road like paint when pushed hard. Ride is supple, rebound damping well tuned. Feels solidly planted. Standard features include: full-time AWD, independent suspension, four-wheel disc brakes, 16" alloy wheels, good tires, traction control, anti-lock brakes, power steering, airbags, power windows, A/C, 80W CD player, tilt-wheel, keyless entry, roof rack, ext temp gauge. Interior is clean and functional. Firm, supportive seats. Fun to drive, economical.

The fun of the Suby STi

Raszaron, 08/11/2007

While I have only owned this car for a month, I can tell a lot about the car! I have owned many a car to include 92 30000GT VR4, 01 Mustang GT and 03 Tiburon GT to name a few. Performance wise the STi is a great car! Of course it is not going to be the luxury comfort like a BMW, but it is not made for that market. I test drove an EVO IX and the STi, and while off the showroom floor the Evo is faster/quicker, the STi is overall a better car quality wise. The aftermarket is well suited for either of these saloons.

Your own rollercoaster!

urownrollercoaster, 10/11/2007

I have owned this vehicle for less than a year and absolutely love it. To appreciate this vehicle you must be passionate about performance and less concerned about comfort, luxury or appearance. The sti is extremely quick right out of the box. I previously owned a 350z for 4 years and must admit it was a great car but the sti outperforms it in all areas except for 100+ mph (the 350z just seemed more hunkered down to the road and stable at high speed). The power in the sti is ferocious, coming on at 4000 rpm's (which is when the turbo kicks in) and then it's hold on for the ride. The power is such that I've actually missed second gear because of being thrown back into the seat (hand slipping).

Replacement for 100K WRX with 300 WHP

jd, 12/05/2007

An affordable daily driver for all conditions with decent gas mileage and good performance. The factory ECU map is bad, so I had it Protuned with a Cobb downpipe, Walbro fuel pump, and Prodrive boost control solenoid. (Now there's 295 WHP and 340 WTQ.) I bought some used stock rims for serious snow tires and am ready for anything.

Car of the year

MY07GDB, 04/01/2008

Went from 1994 Legacy Turbo to this car world of difference. Even my dad drives one and he is 52. Amazing car. Amazing out the box and with just the lightest mods and the car is a monster.

2007 STI

STIIN253, 04/01/2008

Love the car. So fun to drive everyday. Puts a smile on my face and it feels so confident in all situations. Bought it august 31 2007 and already have 12k miles on it. I recommend anyone to drive one and fall in love.

The best car for....

Mark Kaufman, 04/21/2016
2.5 i 4dr Wagon AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

These cars handle well, shift well and are in general a blast to drive. My car has given 7 years of flawless performance.

Love the car!!

k tracy, 04/15/2008

This is my first Subaru and I have owned my car since Sept. 2007 and love it. I have had no issues with the car. It has been totally reliable. I drive 60+ miles a day for work and have already put over 16,000 miles on it. It's been a great car. I love the looks of the car. The handling is great. The AWD makes the car handle very well and all of the tires are firmly planted on the road. Great handling.

Love my Impreza

Kathie, 04/16/2008

Love it! It handles well in any road conditions. Brought my daughter back from college in a snowstorm at night, no slippage, great handling. I felt very safe. I live among mountain roads that can be very dangerous in bad weather and I am always confident in my Impreza. Very comfortable to drive. My only problem is the positioning of the drink holders, but if that's it, I'll take it!

Intentionally making you pay for repairs

Aaron, 02/09/2020
2.5 i 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Sold this car 140k miles on it Auto version. Head gasket blew on me and the most frustrating part is they built this intentionally to break on you. In the turbo model they put a much superior head gasket that also fits the non turbo model so wjy not use it in both models? If you do pay for head gasket make sure to get turbo version much better. On top of that oil leaks everywhere that i had to replace valve cover gasket which isnt bad to replace and it developed one by the right side wheel cant remember the exact location but it was 1200 to fix. And make sure your ready to pay top dollar for these parts as for whatever reason they are very expensive. And the transmission was gettimg ready to go out at 140k. Not to mention the subpar audio.The only upside I really see to this car is add.

51050