Used 2011 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used xB for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Still has the new car smell

Frank, 04/15/2010

I just bought the car on Monday, and I am totally loving it! I wasn't 100% sold when I signed the papers, in part because it was bought with my fiance's and my future in mind, but now I can't be happier. For such a small engine, it really has a lot of kick. I will say that it doesn't handle perfectly when driving next to a semi...you really get blown around. All around great vehicle though.

Great space

jt5912, 08/02/2011

I wish that they would put a 6-speed Auto transmission in the XB. Because the gas milage isn't so great. After you fill it up it seems that in a couple days your down to 1/2 tank. I was used to my Camry, I would get about 200 miles when it reached half tank. I get about 20-22 mpg city. I don't know on highway yet. But I really like the car. So maybe a bigger tank and 6sp A/T. That would be really nice. And also High back front seats please. I'm 6 foot and the back of the seats hits my lower shoulder blades. Don't take my wrong their is pleanty of front room for leg and headroom. And a rearseat armrest with cup holder like the camry.

2011 xB, where's the diesel?

jpouchet, 08/20/2010

Overall I have to say that we are quite pleased with the Scion xB for the excellent alternative it brings over most of the small SUVs we were considering. For our use, local commuting, hauling two bikes (tandems), golf clubs, the dog, and vacation travel with the dog, the xB is a great fit. However the fuel economy is poor for the size of vehicle. Where is the Diesel option? Other design issues – the key is horrible! It will cut your pants pocket and stab you the first, second, and even third chance it gets. Why not a folding key? Audi, VW, even Ford have them. The steering wheel material is too hard. On any drive over 15 minutes it starts to become an annoyance.

NOISE

UNHAPPY, 11/06/2010

Nice car at first then it hits you. Put just the rear windows down and the vortex sucks your eardrums out. Scion say that is normal in all cars. We all know that is not ture. Set the crusie contol on a long flat road and watch it speed up on it own. Scion claims that normal for all cat as well. Brakes have to be pumped to get it stop with out a jerk. Also listen as it down shifts and hear the clunk. Oh ya the windows rattle and the plastic comes lose as well.