Used 2011 Scion xB Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used xB for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

Grate car to purchase

Martin Rubio, 09/16/2016
Release Series 8.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

Great Value, Very Low True Cost to Own

Clark, 12/31/2017
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The Scion xB was cheap to buy and cheap to own. It's our reliable car and it has excellent quality for the money. Highly recommended for those who want a reliable ride that costs very little to own.

1145 of 2000

Anthony Soprano, 02/11/2018
4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

When they announced the xB was done in the U.S., I had to run out and get that 8.0 that I always wanted. I was hoping they'd stick around, and even possibly build an xB I like even better. As it is the RS 8.0 is my fav xB. Got a used one in 2016 that had only 41k miles on it and a 3 month warranty. Really enjoy driving it. It's a lot of fun. Hugs the corners better or as good as my 2003 miata that I used to have. As far as the wind vortex review. Some cars do this. Simple solution is to crack a rear window some. In my case I just crack open the sun roof. I rated the trans as poor as all it would have taken to greatly improve gas mileage would have been to put an overdrive gear on the thing, like my old Camry used to have. It's a bit bouncy compared to my Lexus ES, but I enjoy it for other reasons. Update- I put some michelins on it and it drives much smother than the rocks that were on there. Can't say enough about how much I I appreciate the simplicity of the xB over my ES350. Being able to change the transmisson fluid easily is also good. Tuning it up is a breeze. I put 20 k on it since I bought it w/ 35k miles or so. The brake pads still look new.

Function and fashion!

Mihir Shah, 03/11/2018
Release Series 8.0 4dr Wagon (2.4L 4cyl 4A)

A great car all around. Looks hipster with the reliability of a Toyota (it is made by Toyota). Plenty of space for families, roadtrips, moving lots of stuff besides large furniture. I used it for my small business. Great for families, college students, or small business owners.

Bring back the funk!

johnxbreezy, 02/28/2014

Used to have a 1st generation 2006 xB in 5-speed manual. It was my favorite car I owned. I outgrew it, and wanted something a bit more mature, and sleek. I also wanted to go for a VIP-style luxury-look this time around, and you can’t be VIP and shift your own gears! ;) That led me to pick up a big-body 2011 xB in automatic. The 2nd generation xB in manual is pretty silly, anyway--it’s just too big for a manual. I do love the car, but I’m not in love with it. It lost it’s groove, and seems as though the Kia Soul is the newer version of the 1st generation xB—it has all the funk that the new xBs lost. I still like the 2nd generation xB more than the Soul, but just saying.