Used 1992 Saturn S-Series Consumer Reviews

Used S-Series for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...7

Pros
Cons

Surprising car

Bobmobile, 02/03/2004

I bought this car last year and it still runs good after 145k miles. It starts every day during Canadian winter. It's reliable, fast and fun to drive with the 5-speed transmission. I surprised some cars with 16.67s for ¼ mile. Some plastics feel real cheap and it burns oil, but it's not expensive to repair. Other problems, the gas gauge and A/C aren't working anymore.

It was OK

betteroffwithaford, 08/03/2006

I bought this car for $1000 about a year ago with 92k on it. I wasn't a big fan of it, but hey it was cheap. The front facia's clearcoat was peeling. The first thing I noticed was the left wheel bearing, then went the right. during that short period of nothing going wrong it was a great car to drive, awesome on gas and just a great car in general. Then my alternator blew. Then finally my tranny was skipping 3rd gear so it had to go. My advice do not get a Saturn that is older than a 1995.

Loving this car

Barbara, 03/04/2002

I have owned my car for 10 years. I just love it. No major problems,low maintance car.

I still love my Saturn

Klaire, 09/11/2004

Excellent gas mileage - between 32- 35MPG in the city. Very reliable & excellent in the snow as long as you have good tires. Cheap interior - the power window has a tendency not to work and the plastic is low grade but mechanically, this car just goes and goes. The 5 speed standard is peppy and easy to drive. Seats are comfortable and visibility within the car is also good. Engine drags when the A/C is on though.

My red Serrari

Elmodorph, 11/24/2004

I have owned my car since 2001 and I must say people get annoyed when I pass them on the highway. I am a road warrior by trade and I love my manual shift, manual window with the cruise control option. If you read the review from 11 sep 04 by Klaire it is exactly what I would say but I don’t have power windows so I don’t have that problem. I commonly take it over 100 mph and it goes. My favorite upgrade is my wider tires it brings the handling and stability to new levels. Warning do not drive over 100 mph with the stock sized tires! My other vehicles are a BMW 5 series, Volkswagen passat. I love my cheesy Saturn. It’s the cheapest to maintain.

12345...7