Used 2003 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

Buy it and you'll regret it deeply

loupie1, 06/23/2003

I bought the 2002 GL2 4dr V6. While it handled quite well and had decent ride, it was typical GM junk. I can't stress enough the poor reliability of the car, but more importantly, the blatant disregard GM has for its customers. They DO NOT stand behind their questionable products. For example, brake rotors went at 19k miles while brake pads were not half worn. GM refused to pay. Ditto for intake manifold. I traded the PoS in, taking a heavy loss while doing so because it has the worst depreciation record of ALL compact sedans. I'm in a Mazda 6 now and love it. GM will not get another penny from me.

Not bad, for a First Car.

Kimberly, 11/03/2016
GX 4dr Sedan (2.2L 4cyl 4A)

My Alero was my first car. I drove it for over a year before it finally went out on me. While I drove it, it was fine. The wheel baring was bad, made a horrible sound when I made left turns. Acceleration was okay, and shifting gears was fine. My back windows would fall down over time (meaning within a couple minutes of driving) and I had to hold them up with door stops. My driver window didn't roll up or down, and my passenger window worked when it felt like it. Overall it wasn't bad for my first car, but it definitely had it's problems. But once it was done, it was done. My timing chain went out and it was too expensive to fix, so I ended up scraping it. Got $25 for it.

Great Great buy!!!

Ms C, 11/15/2016
GL2 2dr Coupe (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My car has 283000 miles and still going!! The horn doesnt work!! Only had to get general maintenance! ! Got to get another car because of the rust underneath!! Purchase the car in 2006 with 75000 miles

Straight Up Lemon

reddstunta, 10/31/2003

This car is junk and was made too fast. The only good thing is that I have not had any motor problems. The inside is garbage, my top light just fell down, my driver side window borke twice, sometimes it does not crank, the rubber around the windshield is continuing coming up. The worse of all the dash board is coming up and look all wrinkle. This car is a lemon and practically worthless. It had a nice body style and outer appeal but it toatal garbage. I will never buy another. I hate this car, there is a new problem with it constantly.

So So, Nothing Special

Dustin, 10/04/2006

First off the brake design of this car is horrible. I've already had to put in new brake pads and have the rotors turned twice. The car has less than 50,000 miles on it. The gas mileage varies from 22 to 30 depending on oil changes, driving conditions...etc. Its seats aren't really that comfy and the interior looks cheap. You definitely pay for what you get. I won't ever by another GM, next time it's a Honda or Toyota.

12345...18