Used 2003 Oldsmobile Alero Consumer Reviews

Used Alero for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:
12345...18

Pros
Cons

I definitely got my money's worth

kjr75, 02/11/2013

I bought a new 2003 Alero back in June 2003. I definitely got my money's worth as I just passed the 183,000 mile mark. Sad to say the time has now come to get a new car as there are issues with the cylinder heads under the gasket not responding and long story short Pep boys wants to charge $3,000 to replace. The car itself is probably worth 1k with as many miles on it. After 9.5yrs and 183,000 miles it definitely has done it's job. Looking for either a new Sonata Turbo or used 2012 Buick Lacrosse. I don't think I can go wrong either way as I take these cars to the grave so I really dont care much about resale value.

Sporty, sporty, sporty

Monet, 12/18/2002

I love this car. It knocks the Honda Civic, which was my last car, right out of the running. The spacious interior, the cocpit feeling drivers quarters, and convenient placement of the ac/cd/radio is great.

I love it!

MFB, 06/01/2003

Between the GM Mastercard rebate and the dealer discounts, I could have bought two-three Alero's for one import. This GLS with the handling package, radio upgrade, minus the tail fin is a clean looking flawless fun to drive car. I cruises the turnpike at 80 with power to spare and plenty of comfort. With the 5 year GM warranty it will be hard to find an excuse to trade it early. This is the best car I have ever owned!

Nice cheap car

Justin, 09/03/2007

This car's nice. 3.4L v6 it has plenty of power. Good gas mileage 22 city 30 highway. I wish it had ABS or ETS but oh well. Good trunk space. Smooth drive. Poor quality though considering almost every 60degree v6 has a failing lower intake manifold gasket. I replaced mine once I got it around 77000 miles.

Good All Around Car Except For Seats

Alf33, 06/03/2003

Everything about this car is good except for the bucket seats which are uncomfortable and way too hard. Unfortunatelly I didn't discover this until after it was too late to return it. The performance is good but accelerating when at a crusing speed of about 50 is sluggish if only moderate pedal pressure is used. It gets moving real good when it drops down a gear when you get into it more. The car has tons of great features, is nice to drive, and is more stylish than a lot of cars out there now. I got 30mpg on the highway during a recent trip and that was doing 70-75mph a lot of the time.

12345...18