Used 2010 Nissan Xterra Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used Xterra for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

'06 Wrangler Rubicon Replacement

Nimrod, 05/27/2010

After Telluride last year and Moab this year I decided it was either Big $$ to upgrade the Rubicon or stop and go in another direction. Here in Northern NM mountains, the Xterra has very capable attributes. I've had it on one of the roughest off-roads in the area with no problemes at all. The ground clearance is better than a stock '06 Rubicon and the stock tires are taller. The extra wheel base gives the Xterra an edge over the Rubicon for comfort. Cargo space is a huge winner and the power sealed the deal. The AT takes some getting use to in 4WD as I now drive with the brake rather than the gas/clutch. I'm 6'4" and the fit is perfect. Family's 9th Nissan w/wife's current '09 Pathfinder

My bad a** xterra

jjabb, 06/06/2010

Loving my xterra out here in the Arizona desert. It is the SUV you want. Nice clearance and great power to get you through any terrain.

Love to drive it!

x-terra girl x 2, 06/27/2010

I replaced my 2000 x-terra (213,000 miles) with a 2010 x-terra off road. Loved my old buddy very much. I went from Manual to Automatic, which was good in some instances; tho I miss shifting. I travel in snow (sometimes up to the grill-with good tires) and travel off-road all year long and could not ask for a better SUV. "Sam" was a great truck, and now "SamSon" (yes I name my cars) will hopefully be with me 10 - 12 years. I highly recommend the X-Terra line.

From Old to New

hirosfca, 07/30/2010

Upgraded from my 2002 Xterra 4x2 to the 4x4 Off Road package. I actually use this vehicle for the road trips, on and off road. Sometimes, I would venture onto a path or pseudo-road that turned off road and regret that I only had a 4x2 so this new addition of the total off road capability is very nice. Now I wont be worried about getting stuck or stopping our adventure short due to the vehicle's off road capability. I love the sparse easy to clean interior and the tough chunky looks. I have the 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and that is a great piece of mind to know that Nissan will back up the reliability of the vehicles they make.

Xterra nightmare

Lisa Gardner, 06/21/2017
X 4dr SUV 4WD (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Have already had to replace the ABS system and it's only 7-8 year old car with 80000 miles m. Also has been stalling and they can't figure out the problem and a lot of break noise and loud sounds when over bumps, not a smooth ride. Very unhappy with the Xterra.

Xterra that I owned

DJ Wilson, 06/07/2018
S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased it 15 months ago and it’s been a really good vehicle. It wasn’t what I wanted at the time but it performed perfectly and drove well! Didn’t have to do much to it to keep it running perfectly. If you buy one watch the value on them it drops quite quickly and the dealerships know this and try to low ball you

avoid nissan!

bob508, 10/29/2012

i'm a older woman with a disability, yet they sold me this lemon without disclosing it has a major defect. the cooling line from the transmission into the radiator ruptures and fills the trans with water. did not happen yet, but nissan acted incredulous when asked to remedy the defect. the last straw was when the dealer went to fix a flat on the xterra, and let me drive it for several days with 70 pounds of air in the tire. the dealer and nissan have not only caused a financial hardship for me, now they've risked life and limb as they continue to ignore my complaint.

rattles aready ?

Josh, 12/07/2009

I traded my 08 pathfinder in for a brand new xterra off road. I was hoping to get away from the rattles and thought it would be good to go for a off road vehicle that I thought would hold up. I have only had my xterra for a month and it is rattling bad in door panels and the dash. I hope my warranty will cover this? Not too impressed for a new vehicle to rattle like this. I had a 2000 pathfinder that rattles less. Hope they can fix it but if not it will be my last Nissan purchase for sure.

Ugly car

Kodak black, 03/29/2017
S 4dr SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5A)

My parents just suprised me with this car and I have a couple of complaints. It does not have an outlet where you can plug in your phone to play music. The car just looks really weird. I'm a guy and I've only seen girls drive this car which is kind of annoying. People always tell me that I drive a chick car.

Very Nice SUV for the Money

Mark, 11/03/2009

I bought a 2010 Xterra S 4X4. The X is a ruggedly built vehicle with plenty of power. The seats are very comfortable and the X drives like a truck - no luxury ride here!!! The downsides to the X are mileage and you will do well to get 19 MPG. I'm not worry about the resale, but I plan to keep it until it dies and I only have 500 miles on it now. Great stopping power and acceleration, along with decent gas mileage for the size of the car. it drives so smoothly. It is good on gas and for the price (compared to other SUV's in the same category) you just can’t go wrong with it! I would recommend that anyone buy this car as I couldn't have picked

51050