2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews - 21 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific GLC-Class model:

GLC 63 S Coupe nothing but problems
By Alan C

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class AMG GLC 63 4dr SUV AWD (4.0L 8cyl Turbo 9A)

I ordered this car last year and took possession of it on April 26th. I spent over $100,000.00 on this car. I paid an extra $15,000 for the prepaid maintenance and extended warranty. I took it easy during the break in period. On my driveway the automatic parking brake does not disengage on multiple attempts almost every time I drive the car. I intermittently experience delays in the acceleration while trying to step on it, mainly from a dead stop, but also a few times when it is in second and third gear. The real deal breaker was this car leaving me stranded in the middle of nowhere. A major engineering flaw leaves the the radiator completely unprotected allowing road debris to penetrate the radiator. My lower radiator completely drained of coolant left my new car overheated on the side of the road. The dealership that my car was towed to verified the issues with acceleration and the parking brake. The dealer I purchased it from said they can’t duplicate the issues. While driving with one of their mechanics, he told me that my car drives better than the other two that the other purchasers have brought in with issues and that the cars have to be trained to drive properly. The AMG guy that I purchased the car from let me know that they have to bring extra radiators when having their track days with the GT’s because of the same engineering problem. The dealership has offered me $23,000 less than what I paid for it. They acted like they were doing me a favor when replacing the radiator because design flaws are not covered by warranty.

Great Solid Little SUV!
By Jack

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class AMG GLC 43 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 9A)

You're probably not looking at AMG if you are frugal on price. So, let's get that out of the way now. If you want a solid SUV that has serious engine power for those times when you need it, top of the line tech features, and is easy on the eye, and can be used as a daily driver, buy or lease this car - you wont be disappointed. Forget the crap about it being a "baby-AMG" - this car has a ton of power - in fact, probably too much for most roads in the US. So, with great power comes great responsibility - own up to the fact you just want a serious little SUV to get the job done, and move on - get the AMG GLC 43 - it does not disappoint. Just stay in warranty and you're good for many years.

You've Gotta Drive it!
By Steebie

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

This 2018 MB GLC300 is really awesome. I've put on 4100 miles on varying roads and highways since purchase date of May 7th. I've owned many MB's including S Class Coupes, E Class sedans and Coupes, and the technology is similar to the GLC300. The Driver Assistance Package is a no-brainer add-on you should consider. My highway mileage at 75mph averages around 31mpg. Non highway I get around 25mpg. The 9 gear transmission is smooth and manual intervention using the steering wheel rocker switches really gives you the performance you need for passing. The lighting package with LED variable and adaptable headlights and automatic hi beam monitoring is a must as well. Upgrading the Burmester radio is also suggested, since it comes with a sub woofer and the sound is so much better on the ear than the standard radio. Others have complained about the air noise at high speeds. There is a noticeable swoosh at high speed, but it's not a deal breaker in that my other MB's also have similar high speed air swooshing. Everyone that has driven with me both as a front seat or rear seat passenger remarks how comfortable the seats and ride are. I opted for MB Tex rather than leather since I really don't see or appreciate any difference, and for the price savings, go for it. The Climate Control is excellent, and quickly cools the car in seconds rather than minutes after sitting in the sun for awhile. There's plenty of space for hauling groceries, or golf clubs, and under the inside rear where you would normally find a spare tire, there is additional storage space that really adds to total storage. With the Driver Assistance Package comes many safety options including auto steering, lane control, distance controllable cruise control, safety emergency braking to mention a few; it's worth the upgrade price. The Navigation system upgrade is also a no-brainer, and with the Mercedes Me App, you can send destinations to your GLC300. I also found that when I'm searching for a particular POI, the onboard internet finds what I'm looking for if it's not on the Master File of POI's in the command module. I urge that you not only test drive the GLC300, but also request a loaner to drive for a few days so you can really make a considered buy decision.

GLC just for me!!!
By Edward M Kaminski

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

We moved up from an E350 4 dr sedan to this automobile. We have had a Lexus SUV in the past and liked it. This car is every bit of what we were looking for as far as size, style , comfort and driveability. We take trips to visit family up north and I know we are going to enjoy the ride this car provides. Carplay will make the trips enjoyable with access to navigation on our Apple phones as well as music from Pandora. Love how it handles and the turbo charged 4 cylinder engine more than makes up what power we left behind in our E350. This has been our 2nd vehicle from the same dealership in Gainesville and we couldn't be more happier with our salesman Walt and our service guy, Damien. Great car, great sales transaction and great service from our new GLC.

Never owned better
By Mitchell Keil

2018 Mercedes-Benz GLC-Class GLC 300 4MATIC 4dr SUV AWD (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 9A)

I have owned Lexus, Cadillac and several MBZ including a 2016 E350 fully optioned out. This one is also completely optioned out. My only complaint is that as quiet as the interior is, and it is library quiet, the slight wind noise coming from the windshield is annoying at speed. This car/SUV does not come with laminated windows that are acoustically silent and you can't order them. This makes no sense when everything about the SUV screams quality and luxury. Because road noise and all other noises are so well managed, you really notice the wind noise. It's not bad, just intrusive enough that you feel annoyed in a $60,000 car. Other than the poor and I mean really poor gas mileage, this is the best car I have ever owned. I have 2500 miles on the car and in combined city/freeway driving averaging about 31 miles and hour for the last 1500 of those miles, I am getting 22.1 mpg. This includes 850 miles driven at autobahn speed of 78 mph where I averaged 27 mpg. So, I am pretty disappointed in the MPG. MBZ says that I should give it until I hit 4000 miles when the engine is really broken in to see better mpg. We'll see...