Used 2013 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews - 36 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Mazda 3 Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific 3 model:

my mazda 3
By terry

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

really like this car. handles well great gas mileage

Great Little Car
By Ray

2013 Mazda 3 s Grand Touring 4dr Sedan (2.5L 4cyl 6A)

Very reliable. Sporty look with a sunroof added. It has been trouble free the whole time I’ve owned it with no problems at all. Fun to drive and comfortable.

Buyers remorse
By Kat

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

we got this car almost 5 years ago now, and we have wished we got something else immediately. It has the fuel economy transition, so maybe that is part of why, but it often doesn’t seem to want to down-shift to give any acceleration. This is especially true when stopping at a red light which then turns green before you stop. The car just does not want to go for like 2 or 3 seconds, which is definitely enough time to piss off you and people behind you in traffic. There are an absolute ridiculous amount of blind spot areas for such a small car; thank god I got the blind-spot monitoring option, or else I probably would have hit someone I genuinely looked for by now. Also got the Bose sound system because it came in the tech package and that was definitely not worth the extra cost. My biggest complaint is probably just how cheap everything feels and seems to have been made though. I pushed a little hard on the inside of the door with the window down one time and I think I broke and bent the insides somehow because stuff rattles in there ever since, and I am just a small lady mind you, I didn’t push very hard. Dual climate control is a joke, doesn’t work, you both just are too hot or too cold. Speaking of too cold, I live in Utah and drive 30 min to work and am only just warming up by the time I get there and have to get out of the car. My poor toes have never gotten warm in this car in the winter. OH! And the back seats are so small a 6 year old barely fits without his car seat!( just sitting, Carnot moving). All in all, we should have not gotten this car, and now that we are almost done with payments, we feel like we need a new car to replace this one already, even though our 2001 Pathfinder is still going strong.

A fun little car.
By Emery Burdine

2013 Mazda 3 i Touring 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 6M)

I purchased this car for a delivery vehicle for my business. All the driving is in the Ft Worth/mid cities area in Texas. my drivers drive about 100 miles per day. In order to buy a car with low payments i only spend about ten thousand dollars on a car. The Mosda has a good reputation and this car met my price line. We maintain our vehicles well and have a history of putting several hundred thousand miles on a vehicle before replacing. For example we had a nissan pickup we put 400,000 miles on it before we donated it to a charity. We 400,000 on an Infinity Qx4 before donating it.

Outstanding Value
By Ron Gladden

2013 Mazda 3 i Sport 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 6A)

The car gets better gas mileage on the highway than the EPA estimates. It handles like a sports car. The only downsides are a small back seat and more road noise at 70 mph than I wish.