Used 2017 Lincoln MKX Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used MKX for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

2017 Lincoln MKX is a winner

JohnC, 04/11/2017
Select 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I purchased a 2017 Lincoln MKX a week ago and it surely is a pleasure to drive. It has all the safety features including backup camera, warning on cars in other lanes, collision alert, and even will call 911 if the airbags deploy. Since it is push button start and push button transmission a lot of space was made available for storage between the front seats including two "pass thru" storage bins. The Sync 3 entertainment is excellent and is also voice activated as is the navigation system. I really appreciate the radar weather maps which give "in the moment" maps of the local radar--very useful. In summary, the Lincoln MKX is a joy to drive and extremely quiet in city traffic or on the road. Everything works perfectly including the liftgate which has multiple ways of opening it(including waging your foot under the bumper). The 2017 Lincoln MKX is a true winner. After a year of ownership the MIX is greet. No issues or problems. Everything works perfectly. Just took it to dealership for annual maintenance service. Everything checked out OK.

2017 MKX is a awesome ride! I highly recommend!

Peter G, 08/01/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I looked all the SUV's from entry level to top level from all brands. This included , Acura, VW, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Subaru, Lexus, Toyota, Nisan, Jaguar, BMW, Audi, Honda, etc.. None of them had the the full package at this price point. The technology, ride, luxury and performance. Some were close, like the new 2018 Audi. There are some really aggressive rebates and pricing so don't pay over invoice and get the 0% financing. I really enjoy driving this SUV. The one downside has been the MPG but I knew this going in after reading all the reviews. The performance is worth it and 20 MPG blended is not bad to have a twin turbo!

Best car I've ever drove!!

Jeff, 08/30/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I got a terrific deal on this SUV. I looked at EVERYTHING out there and found this vehicle to be exactly what I wanted. Great power, very comfortable, great ride and plenty of storage. Nice paint and interior is fantastic . The Revel stereo is far beyond what I was looking for. My driving is all types, highways and city driving. My average MPG is 24.9 with regular gas. I've driven Infiniti, BMW, Buick, Ford, Chevy, Jeep and Nissan Suv, but nothing gave all the extras I was looking for at the price. I love this car!

Agile Cruiser with 5 Star Fit & Finish

Celtic, 11/22/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Every requirement I searched for in the upper Luxury segment was met or exceeded by the MKX. Its nice to be able to carry on a conversation without raising your voice. The visibility, quietness, comfortable seating and technological innovations are superlative. Driving the 2017 MKX is a pleasure, especially with the panoramic vista roof.

Buying American better than ever

dldibona@gmail.com, 12/12/2017
Black Label 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

For the last 15 years we had Acura MDX's. Very disappointed with the Acura Dealer's arrogance and decided to look at other manufactures. The Lincoln Dealer listened to what we wanted and the MKX has everything we wanted. Great ride, performance, sound system, cargo space and styling. Excellent interface with the car and driver. Aggressive lease rates and an excellent warranty. We leased the Lincoln MKX over the Acura MKX, Lexus RX350, BMW X3, Audi Q5 and Infinity Q60.

I have moderate back issues and severe neck issues

jean, 07/01/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I bought this car for the 22 point adjustable seat. It is great. I can ride for an hour in most cars. When the pain starts, I put on the massage seat! Gets me home pain free. So very thankful. I must tell you the safety features are awesome. I love the cruise control that slows down and speeds up based on the car in front of you. I also love the auto stop and heated steering wheel. Honey I'm in heaven. Basically, this car nearly drives itself and you sit back in the best seat every and enjoy the ride. I've gone from hating to drive due to pain, to loving to drive. Thank you! The electronics are a bit in need. My windsheild wipers on intermittent go crazy and I've had a backup sensor go bad. The control for massage on the passenger seat had to be replaced, but the dealer did it with no questions.

6 months into my lease

VikesFan, 07/30/2018
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

I leased a 2017 MKX Reserve with the 2.7 turbo (Edmunds, fix the auto category to include this) about 6 months ago, have 11K miles on it. This car is a fantastic driver, especially in sport mode...it is very quick and agile. In comfort setting, it is great on the road as well. I upgraded to the better seats with cool air venting and the massages. The massage feature are more like a parlor trick to amuse your friends, but for me not used often. Still cool though. Best things about the car: quiet, great handling, audio/radio, connectivity with apple phone, seats are very comfortable, head lights are great, automatic wipers, heated steering wheel (in MN this is a very appreciated), panoramic sunroof, and being able to start it with my phone from anywhere (when I land at the airport, can start up to have it heated before I get to my car). Also, it is a very beautiful design.....I think better looking that the Audi Q5 and Merc GLC (which were the ones I considered along with the MKX). What I would change/shortcomings: I have rattles in the dash that I need to get fixed, the transmission in normal mode is a little hinky on downshifts, the radio takes a few seconds to dial in the stations when you change them, and the gas mileage is lower than hoped for (I usually get between 22 and 24 depending on the how much highway.) Would I lease again... I will definitely consider it, as it really has been a great vehicle so far. The new Nautilus has an upgraded grill and I have a better 8 or 9 speed transmission.

Great quiet ride

Larry reed, 05/11/2017
Select 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Based on previous luxury SUVs this MKX IS quiet and the seats are a lot more comfortable. A pleasure to drive and easy to get used to control functions. Why can't all cruise controls be on same side of steering wheel. Love interior lights and outside lights. Cargo area spacious and easy to access with multiple features. Handling and mileage are equal to previous SUV or maybe a little better. It remains to be seen how dealership compares to other luxury dealership. Love the trim package and available off lot, always had to order our cars in in the past to get colors and options we required.

Too Early to Tell

Cheryl Feinberg, 08/10/2017
Select 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

My car has a little less than 300 miles on it, so in nearly every category it's just too early to tell how it will be. My previous experience with my dealership and my 2008 Lincoln MKS was excellent. My car lacks two items I wish it had. 1) Seat cooling. I would have had to add $4k of extras I didn't want or need to get seat cooling. It's important to note, however, that the AC in the car is excellent. The second extra I miss is front warning beeps when I get near objects. I did not realize that I didn't have that option until too late.

Annoying

Jerry Zee, 08/07/2017
Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.7L 6cyl 6A)

Great car. Called a SUV but it really is not. The 2015 was taller and more like a true SUV. The 2017 is lower and slightly wider. We opted for the 2.7L turbocharged model. The turbocharger is loud on acceleration and very annoying. Dealer said all is well and nothing wrong. Took an identical car for a test drive and its turbo also was very loud on acceleration. Test drove several other Ford vehicles that were turbocharged and could not hear any noise upon acceleration. Apparently this problem is unique to 2017 Lincoln MKX with the 2.7L that is turbocharged. This problem is not recognized by Lincoln so my advice is to refrain from purchasing this model until the problem is resolved.

51050