Skip to main content
12345...7

See Edmunds pricing data

Has Your Car's Value Changed?

Used car values are constantly changing. Edmunds lets you track your vehicle's value over time so you can decide when to sell or trade in.

Price history graph example

Pros
Cons
2 out of 5 stars

Fatal flaw

Loveditbutleftit, 07/16/2021
2021 Lincoln Aviator Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

I drove my Aviator Reserve for 18 months. Love the ride, the trim, and the electronics. In every regard it is a luxury vehicle and very well thought out. But... It has a fatal flaw that, in the end, drove me to trade it in. Specifically, the door opening mechanism on the inside of each door is electric. It depends on electrical components inside each door and on the overall health of the electrical system. Only one of the four doors, the driver's door, has a mechanical override release in case of electrical failure. Imagine an auto accident where the electrical system is compromised and the driver is disabled. How do passengers get out? Since the release is located in the lower front corner of the driver's door, passengers must first move the driver to get to the release. And if there's a fire.... I drove the car for 12 months before this problem really became real to me. One morning I went out to get into the car and the driver's door would not open. Passengers' doors opened, but not the driver's. I got in the passenger's side and crawled over the console to get into the driver's seat. The driver's door would not open from the inside, either. And if you're 76 like I am, getting to that mechanical release is no easy trick. Lincoln towed the car. It took over five weeks for them to get the parts to fix it. Slowly but surely it sunk into my rather thick skull that my son had been exactly right when I showed him the car for the first time. He said it's a fire trap. I gave the car two stars because it is a dream to drive. If you buy one, make sure you keep hammers available for each seat to knock out the windows for emergency exit.

Garbage

Dan, 06/03/2021
2021 Lincoln Aviator Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

2021 Aviator 1600 miles. Factory paint defects, rattles, faulty fuel gauge. Currently in the shop for 16 days. Lincoln refusing to authorize a repair because the problem comes and goes, even though the dealer witnessed it happening and I have video of the faulty gauge. Satellite radio stopped working then magically started again. It seems the problems still affect the 2021 models.

4 out of 5 stars

Cricket sounds in sunroof area

Ed Gallos, 04/13/2021
2021 Lincoln Aviator Grand Touring 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo gas/electric plug-in hybrid 10A)

My Aviator is just over 12 months old. About 6 months ago, completely out of the blue, it developed a couple of squeaks and rattle sounds that should not be in a vehicle of this price. I've had the car in to the dealer several time. They fixed the dashboard issue but have not been able to resolve the problem sound around the sunroof.

$81k for 3 weeks. Now this is true Luxury LOL

Jay, 09/12/2022
2021 Lincoln Aviator Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

It all began 1 year ago when I first test drove my absolutely amazing Aviator or at least I thought it was . I drove it 3 blocks and said "I love this car and bought it". Next day I went to pick up my Aviator Reserve and drove off to pick up my 3 daughters. Once I was on the highway I looked over at my daughters and knew instantly I made the right decision . I could see how comfortable and safe they felt in this amazing car. Well that did not last long. 3 weeks after that we were all driving home from my sons house and the entire dash started to light up, with warning signs and failure signs everything changed our seats where now in different setting, the suspension ride itself was different not smooth at all, failure sign for my braking and my AWD failure was on, my front end was shimming and it felt like I was driving with my parking brake on, it was and still is very stressful. This was just the beginning of a year long torture of being promised "everything was going to be OK ,just have patience we will take care of everything". Now after a year of being patient there are more problems and nothing has been resolved After a year of this, Lincoln offered me a 2022 Aviator if I payed them another $20k I'm not sure how or why this is happening to me but I can not give this vehicle any type of positive review, after seeing how the attitude of the dealership and the manufacturer can not in any manner conduct themselves in a adult and responsible fashion. It is safe to say " now I can understand why the Lincoln brand is losing there popularity, instead of "Lets do better for the consumer they are taking the attitude " Lets do less and charge more " If only Henry and Wilfred were here to see such a disgrace Shame on you .

Catastrophic Transmission Failure

Pete, 02/11/2022
updated 02/15/2023
2021 Lincoln Aviator Reserve 4dr SUV AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbo 10A)

I purchased a 2021 Feb 18, 2021. It has approximately 8900 miles on it. Feb 5, 2022, driving on the freeway at 70 mph when all of a sudden, I pressed on the gas and the engine just revved. I started to coast at 60 mph when the car went BAM. It shifted to first gear at 60 mph. I tried getting over on the side of the road when all of a sudden it went back into neutral. Then trying to get off the freeway the car shifted into first gear again. This was terrifying. I am blessed that I was driving and not my wife. Finally, I was able to find a safe parking lot and got the car towed. Dealer said the transmission is completely gone. A catastrophic failure. I now have to wait several weeks for Lincoln to get a replacement transmission to the Lincoln dealer. I am also battling to get a same size loaner. I usually drive an Escalade. I sold it and got the Aviator. Up until Feb 5 I was extremely happy with the Aviator.

2 out of 5 stars