Used 2016 Lexus LS 460 Consumer Reviews - 6 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific LS 460 model:

Too Noisy/Prone to Sudden Stalling Hazard
By Moses J Yogaraj

2016 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Got a new LS460 AWD 2016 in 01/2016. Currently it has 43K miles. The interior has become very noisy & I was not able to hear even the radio. Whisper Wuiet!!! What a joke? The car began to stall while driving at low speeds & I gave the benefit of doubt to Lexus blaming my new shoes. But the stalling was noticeable & pronounced when I took a right turn to a steep hill road I was forced to press the accelerator with all my strength to move the car forward. It slowly crawled to the top of the hill. I thought it could slide backwards causing major accident. Very Scary. Lexus sees interior noise level is normal by manual hearing & refused to use decibel measurement meter. Very tricky mechanics. Lexus ran computer diagnostic tests & it found no problem. Vehicle is sitting in my driveway & I am using my pickup. I am scared to take legal U-turn on HWY as I could become a sitting duck. I am a Lexus Kamakazi driver.

A great car
By George 666

2016 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Owned three MB E 350 class cars that were good cars. I then traded in my 2015 RX-350 AWD, which was also a very nice car, for the 2016 LS 460. By any means, the LS 460 was the nicest car I have ever owned. The quiet comfort, quality, amenities and performance are superb. This car compares favorably to the MB S Class at about $25000.00 less, and is a lot more dependable. Low speed acceleration is acceptable, but high speed acceleration above 70mph is superb. Gas mileage however is poor, depending on the way you drive. Steering feel is better than any Mercedes, and body lean is also better. The infotainment system in the Mercedes was easier to use, but after some getting used to it, the mouse control in the Lexus becomes more user friendly. The voice command works quite well, and the Lexus Enform Apps are great.

m,ost uncomfortrable seats I've ever sat on
By gord

2016 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

the front seats are impossible to adjust properly plus I've sat on rocks that are more comfortable. owned many Lexus this is the most uncomfortable car I've ever driven. doesn't show up on the test drive but drive it for an hour and you can't wait to get out of it. this is the most overrated car I've ever driven,electronics very slow. tried to communicate with the factory with my concerns they couldn't care less.

not like old lexus's
By david edwards

2016 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan AWD (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Lexus LS460 should not be ranked as "next to last" in class to be fair: it should rank last. As other reviewer noted, technology is totally hit or miss (usually it doesn't work--bluetooth connection with phone, navigation, voice commands, etc). Visibility quite poor for anyone over 6'. Uncomfortable seats. Dealer and manufacturer support non existent. This is not the Lexus of old.

FIrst Lexus
By Bill P.

2016 Lexus LS 460 4dr Sedan (4.6L 8cyl 8A)

Had two Infiniti Q-45 V-8 cars which were really fun to drive, especially the second sport model. Lexus LS much quieter with easier steering, not as sporty, but more comfortable. Lots of new electronics, especially huge view screen. Ventilated front seats wonderful in desert weather. Very firm lumbar support which is a bit low for my back, despite height adjustment. Have never found a comfortable German car except Mercedes S-class, which rode like a Chevrolet and was severely underpowered. Don't understand the previous review. This is the nicest car I've ever owned! Considered the F sport model, but almost all have black seats, not the best in 110 degree summers. A few mechanical problems with side mirrors, driver's seat memory(occasional).