Used 2008 Lexus IS 250 Consumer Reviews - 102 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific IS 250 model:

Great car
By Rick

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

This car has all the features. A 2008 that has features that 2018 cars don’t have. I love this car.

Not satisfied
By Not customer any more

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

Dash board is made of poor quality material. Many of owners are complaining, that they have cracks, because of hot and cold weather. 2.5 6 cylinder engine has poor MPG. Rear seats area has poor leg room. Extremely poor customer service.

To many expensive repairs
By Dan

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

The engine had to be repaired which doesn't speak well of the engineering. However, it was a recall and paid for by the dealership. But I have had to replace the mother board at the cost of $2,000.00, the brake calipers which locked up, it leaks fluid on my garage floor and now they say I need all new axles.

Just gas and oil
By Justin Wasserman

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I've owned by IS 250 for 8 years now and I have literally only put gas and oil in it. Nothing has gone wrong. I do the various required maintenance (at 30K miles, and so on), but it's been a great car. The dealer just wrote me a letter asking if he could buy it back and I honestly can't come close to being able to replace the car with something half as nice for the same price. It's a keeper.

Not Happy
By mujs33

2008 Lexus IS 250 4dr Sedan AWD (2.5L 6cyl 6A)

I have owned 3 Lexus's my fist was a 2003 is300 i absolutely loved that car. This car however i don't care for as much. I have had many issues with this car, first the airbag harness cost me 2500 due to a airbag light, the second my rear passenger axle went bad "cost me 1000" now my exhaust has a leak and it's loud and the door trim is coming off and the window makes a loud noise and is slow when you roll it down. No more IS's for me unless it's the 300 again. The interior is smell im 6ft and it just not that comfortable. I like the way the interior looks but like i said unfortable. I have to push the seat all the way back and all the way down to get where i want and no head room.

Update: sold my lexus burning 2 qts of oil a month when i sold it. Def not happy about it but it never broke down on me. This is250 was def not like my is300 or my es330.