Used 2016 Lexus IS 200t Consumer Reviews

List Price Range

Used IS 200t for Sale
Select your model:

Pros
Cons

IS200t blows away

Tim, 12/03/2015
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

My wife and I recently came into a Lexus with the intention of browsing the 2016 Lexus IS200t and in the end we decided to purchase it. I was not disappointed. The quality and performance of the vehicle are superb. Toyota decided to get rid of the lackluster v6 engine of the older IS250 and swapped in a 4 cylinder 2.0 Liter turbo engine which is finely tuned. The car has enough power to give you the feeling that it's in between a luxury and sports sedan. The exterior, or appearance, of the car is very refined looking and in my opinion, the newer IS line of cars are the best looking entry level luxury vehicle in its class. The interior is astounding and very comfortable. The controls are very easy and manageable. My wife and I had no learning curves from driving our other vehicles, so the transition is fairly smooth. Overall, this vehicle which combines comfort and performance, along with the best reliability in that it's a Lexus, is the best entry level luxury sedan for the price.

Is a turbo -charged IS 200t right for you?

Fred, 09/03/2016
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my first turbo-carged vehicle and the lack of consistent, steady acceleration takes some getting used to. Make sure you go for an extended test drive to make sure you feel comfortable with this vehicle. All else is fine. Lots of compliments on appearance . Red interior is awesome.

FSPORT ROCKS

mark morris, 09/18/2016
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

Only compliant i have is the noticable turbo lag which is apparent when taking off. car has a 2 second or so delay before the turbo spools up and move it forward. Hopefully they can fix this with an update soon. There is ample power for everyday commute, comfort is surprising good for this F sports car at least compared to my previous BMW E46. I really like the car, especially the handling and power.

Loving my Lexus.

Tiburon09, 03/13/2016
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

This is my sixth Lexus. Four ES, one RX and now my IS200T. Love that the rear view camera, Satellite radio and moon roof are standard. Car being a foot shorter than ES is great when parking. Seats very comfortable and lots of adjustment options. Intuitive controls....not lots of complicated toys. Acceleration OK, not great. Stops very quickly, nice turning circle. Got excellent (33 mpg) on road trip into Blue Ridge Mts in NC, even with mountain driving and a/c blasting. A Summer complaint....Start button situated in such a spot that mid day sun makes it very hot to touch in summer. Bought a sunshade that solved that issue. Gas prices still low so that Premium at Costco still "cheap". Might not feel that way during next gas crisis. Second issue is that the statistics indicator easily gets out of sync. Just touch the wrong button and the readings. change and not easy to reset. ..nothing mechanical, just annoying. Not firm when handling curves like German cars.........this became more annoying........decided to test drive a BMW 320i.......BOUGHT THE BIMMER.......more FUN to drive in April 2018. Still an excellent car.

2016 IS200T Seats = Backpain

Denisse Roman, 01/22/2016
4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl Turbo 8A)

In October 2015, I traded my 2007 ES350 in for an IS200T. I was so excited to try the IS, it's ideal for San Diego. The IS200T is beautiful, but the seats are very uncomfortable. When I first got the car, I didn't notice it; as I understood, it was different than the ES I was used to and the IS would require adjustment. After the first month, I knew the front seats were uncomfortable, I voiced my complaint to a friend, whom tested the seats and said it felt okay - that's what I thought at first too. I started getting back pain through the holidays of 2015. I was sure it was the seats, but determined I was just not adjusted to the seats yet. Today in January 2016, I cannot take it anymore. I have backpain and I feel like I'm getting a hunchback from it. I have excellent posture: one, I'm a ballroom dancer; two, I've never had back or neck issues. I've decided to return to the Lexus dealership where I purchased my car, bring this to their attention and see if there's a fix: swap the seats or swap the car. Stay tuned. DR Jan 2018, Update: No change. Eats are still awful. I purchased a back cushipn for support. Lexus of San Diego was not able to assist by offering a fix or a good deal on trading in the car. However, in addition to the seats, the breaks began sqeeking at 6 months. I've had the breaks checked, they are fine. Two years now, they squeal and squeak still. Ugh, one more year. >:/