Used 1994 Lexus GS 300 Consumer Reviews

List Price Estimate

Used GS 300 for Sale
None for sale nearby. Instead:

Pros
Cons

22 years old when sold

Diane Cartwright, 12/09/2015
4dr Sedan

Lexus is the epitome of elegance, reliability, class, comfort and a joy to drive. It is supremely quiet, always reliable and if you're in a tight traffic pinch just kick off the overdrive and you're up to 80 in seconds. Bye, bye, traffic jam, only lights fading in your rear view mirror. I've had my Lexus GS 300 since 1994 and still love it. I'm only now considering another Lexus. I'll never deviate from the best. Who would? After changing lifestyle, lots of interstate travel with my 3 little dogs, I bought another Lexus. This time it's an RX 350. It's larger than I'm accustomed to but it's beautiful, gets satisfactory 22 miles per gallon. But, I do miss my GS 300 and am considering downsizing to a sedan again, most likely a hybrid Lexus or Prius. Why did I sell? In addition to needing a larger car at the time, I took my GS 300 in to a different factory certified repair shop for an oil change and service. What a car killing mistake! They said they found multiple problems, which I seriously doubt, allegedly replaced multiple gaskets and hoses totally more than $2,000. Afterward, my beloved car ran horribly, made loud noises, was rough. I took it back and they said they forgot to attach a hose and couldn't find supports for the engine which they had removed. I was so deeply disappointed that I sold the car with all the records intact. Lesson learned: If you find a great shop and mechanic you trust, don't deviate, even if you have to travel 100 miles to your home town which I should have done. Lexus is my go-to brand and it is doubtful I will ever change even if tariffs are out of reach.

Thanks Lexus!

ratomlinson, 05/19/2008
4dr Sedan

This has been such a tremendous vehicle for us. The reliability has been tremendous. It goes and goes without a complaint. I purchased the vehicle used with 40K miles on it and a have driven it another 50K miles over the last 6 years. Very comfortable vehicle.