Used 2014 Lexus ES 350 Consumer Reviews

Used ES 350 for Sale
Select your model:
12345...6

Pros
Cons

On my fifth ES

Chris Dikme, 10/19/2015
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

Bought my first ES way back in 1994. Loved the car then and still love the car. In fact, I have been buying and driving Lexus for more then 20 years and I have bought each one from the same dealership and salesperson! This 2014 ES has tons more features than my first one in 1994, yet really has not increased that much in price, compared to other inflated items. You get a lot more car for a little more money. You just cannot beat Lexus when it comes to quality of workmanship and support. Japanese reliability is second-to-none. The dealer network is unbeatable. I only have a couple of "complaints", the seats are just not comfortable for extended periods. Also, bring back radio buttons! The menu system may be "cool" but is clumsy and unnecessary. Now that we have owned and driven the 2014 for 18 months, my opinion of the ES has not changed too much. We did suffer a rear-end collision and I have learned that the Starfire Pearl (077) white paint is nearly impossible to match. Our rear bumper had to be replaced and we had to have it re-painted three times to get close to the factory paint. My only complaint with the car continues to be the frustration with the radio control. It is way too complicated. But, the car has an incredible ride and is buttery smooth and quiet. My best friend has a 2016 Camry and the difference between the two cars is substantial. The Lexus is a MUCH more refined vehicle.

Falls short

bggiseries, 04/21/2015
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

This would be my second ES350. I liked the '07' version better but this one does have many things I like. This one is pretty much loaded. The blind spot / cross traffic alert is great but a lot of vehicles have that now. I like streaming the music from my smartphone. Acceleration is very good but sometimes sluggish from the start. The window design is ridiculous. They slope into the car a fair amount so when it rains, water will drip on your arm, leg and seat when you open the door. There is no 'wow' factor in this car. There is just way to much wind and road noise. Most all road imperfections are felt. I will not buy another one.

Too firm, too hard, UGH!

patcic, 01/30/2015
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

When I took this model for a test drive, all of the roads around the dealership were smooth asphalt and of course, the car road fine - big mistake. I negotiated a great deal on a close out, brand new 2014. I quickly became very disappointed with the comfort and ride of this car. You would think a Lexus would be the pinnacle of comfort but not this car. They did a model change in 2013 and made the car "sporty". Now you feel every bump & crack and hear a lot of tire noise on the highway. I feel fatigued after driving it. If you want a taught, sporty car where you "feel" the road then this might be the car for you. I switched to 2015 Impala 1LZ and am in heaven! What comfort!

Not like previous ES cars

taxedtoomuch, 08/05/2014
4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 6A)

The current ES350 is not you fathers car. Too bad it is not. I have owed five of these cars and this one does not meet previous expectations. It drives like an Rav4. The road performance could be better. The ride is not as soft and cushiony as previous cars. You will feel every bump on back roads and roads that are not perfectly paved. For that reason, I am disappointed. Overall it is quiet and has plenty of power, although there is a slight delay. Remember this is not the inline six as before. My guess is, the IS engineers got ahold of this car instead of the LS engineers and did it their way. Finally gave up on the cars ride. I tried the 2017 but it drove the same. I then drove a Buick lacrosse. The Buick drives just like the old ES350 did. I bought it and don't think I will go back to Lexus.

Disappointed

texas81, 07/27/2014

After owning my ES 350 with Ultra Luxury package for 3 months, I am truly disappointed. Several rattles have developed in the doors, dashboard, and sunroof. When washing the car, water accumulates inside of the rear taillights. Overall, I'm dissatisfied in the build quality of the new ES.

12345...6